8 Pot/356mm brake setup for under a grand!

Apex Performance over on http://www.sxoc.co.uk are sorting an 8 piston front brake setup with 356mm discs for S14s for initially under a grand. :bow:

S14/300ZX brakes are the same :duffer:

Heard a few people looking for bigger brakes :)

http://www.apexperformance.co.uk - 01274 683633 ask for Bren :duffer:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

that ok and a good price but like many other unknown brands coming out of china, who makes these? how tried and tested are they? can you get spare parts?

call me old fashion but i'd rather stick to brakes that i know work and work well like AP's Brembo's Alcons's etc

Good price though if they do work

Mike

that ok and a good price but like many other unknown brands coming out of china, who makes these? how tried and tested are they? can you get spare parts?

call me old fashion but i'd rather stick to brakes that i know work and work well like AP's Brembo's Alcons's etc

Good price though if they do work

Mike

i see your point bud .....!!!!

but they did test's them self's and they look good ...

I see they've got 330mm ones too :cool: Might have more chance with those?

i think best thing to do is give this guy a ring 2moro....see what he says...

but well spoted pete .. :bow:

Ask them Mike - Bren is a great chap who'll no doubt have answers.

You won't go wrong with Apex - their customer service is second to none :)

Their customer services may be good but thats no good if your working your car hard and the brakes fail is it ;)

Also if these brakes have been developed for the 200sx then the 300zx is a different beast all together much heavier and more powerful (in stock form) so how would these brakes match upto a tuned zed??

Mike

i see your point bud .....!!!!

but they did test's them self's and they look good ...

My main point is Brembo/AP etc etc spend millions of pounds a year in R&D and testing to make sure their brakes do what they say on the tin :)

Its OK with cheap brakes but i would like to see what R&D this brake manufacturer have done? and not just the company who are selling them?

Mike

My main point is Brembo/AP etc etc spend millions of pounds a year in R&D and testing to make sure their brakes do what they say on the tin :)

Its OK with cheap brakes but i would like to see what R&D this brake manufacturer have done? and not just the company who are selling them?

Mike

so how do we find out if the r&d and all the test's have been done..????

We are very happy to announce the release of the latest K Sport 8 pot 356mm brake kit. The K Sport brake kits have been very extensively tested by ourselves on our 500bhp Skyline R33 GTST and two track based 200SXs including Horsham Developments 500bhp vehicle. We chose the Skyline as a test car because its very heavy and powerful so gives the brakes a very serious work out. We havent just tested on the road but have done 22 track days so far with tyres ranging from high performance road tyres, to track tyres to full blown race slicks. We have visited a wide range of UK race tracks and have also tested at both SPA in Belgium and the Nurburgring in Germany

The kit comprises 2x 8 pot race aluminium calipers with different size pistons, 2x 356mm race rotors, 2x aluminium bells, 2x aluminium brackets, 2x braided brake hoses, a bottle of high quality brake fluid and all necessary fixings.

These 356mm kits will fit under certain 17" rims but if you want to be sure theyll fit then youll need 18".

this is the testing they have done .....

so how do we find out if the r&d and all the test's have been done..????

Well its something you need to ask the place which is selling them, dont get me wrong they may be fine but with something as important as the brakes i would rather not take ANY chances!! just that at the moment theres sooooo many chinese companies ripping off other stuff off at the moment, i should know i went round a place last week and they actually showed me copies of just about everything you can think of, manifolds, filters, wheels, gauges etc etc the list goes on ;)

K sport are rebranded D2 calipers made in china or tawain .Average to good quality so ive heard ,the same as there coilovers.Prodject mu are good jdm calipers and so are endless but cost loads.

i suppose it all boils down to you get what you pay for, these are a good budget brake setup plain and simple :)