consult

Result - its firing injectors and electric fan.

Its turning over, firing injectors and still has same code 21 error on ECU.

Any more ideas please?.

Is the electric fan coming on when you turn the ignition on and try to start?

The code will remain for so many starts until cleared by disconnecting the battery for a while or reset of the ECU.

smithy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird shit lol

IF it comes on when trying to start the car now it points to something else.

However constantly trying to start a cold zed can flood it, once flooded it don't wanna know.

So a quick test, The wedge shaped small fuse box by the brake booster drivers side, pull out the wee Green strange fuse for the fuel pump.

With good strong power in the battery, try to start it 5 or 6 times, if it's flooded it should start about the 6th go or at very least splutter to almost start.

Oh and have seen previously known working series 1 PTU's work on 1 car, swapped over and didn't wanna know on the other car and then never worked again.

smithy

Don't worry mate you'll get there, eventually!

If your happy the right fuse is out and the starting sounded no nearer to fire, then you should be able to rule out flooding, however it is easy to happen in these situations so bare that in mind.

The PTU can still be a fault even though you tried a spare one, it's happened many times before.

In the link i sent you was how to re set the ECU, i think? if so do that tomorow and see if your still getting the same error code.

If the ECU itself was goosed you would normally have the electric fan on on ignition and all warning lights staying on, however another 5 minute job to swap over and try.

As previously suggested, post up a couple of fairly close up engine bay shots so we can see if alls well as it should be.

smithy

Been back on the elusive problem today. Checked all i can and now only getting code 55. Which is no malfunctions. Yet still not starting.

There is fuel getting into the fuel rail, took a spark out again and its wet, so fuel must be getting through injectors.

Guest HollowPoint

Take the spark plugs out, take the battery off and whack it on charge, enjoy Christmas day, then on Monday, put the spark plugs back in, put the battery back in and try again. If you've got code 55 it's not showing any errors, if you've seen a wet plug, it's getting fuel, you've verified the spark plugs are sparking etc. Only thing left, is to assume it's either flooded and/or low on battery power. Taking the plugs out should let it evap off out of the cylinders and charging the battery overnight ensures that it's fully charged on Monday, then give it another try.

Like I said before, there is fuel pressure but nothing been injected. After several attempts turning it over I removed a plug. It was bone dry and still clean. No sign of fuel or combustion of any type. Im confidant the issue here is the fueling. Its just a case of finding its cause.

Sounds like injectors not firing

Been back on the elusive problem today. Checked all i can and now only getting code 55. Which is no malfunctions. Yet still not starting.

There is fuel getting into the fuel rail, took a spark out again and its wet, so fuel must be getting through injectors.

Could be a false positive matey, or you have found the only injector thats firing.

There the same way as on mikey beans car so should be correct.

Drivers side invound,feed, passanger side return feed.

Well if there is fuel getting to the fuel rail, then the most logical step is the injectors as thats the only thing from the fuel rail that would be stopping the fuel getting into the cylinders.