consult

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be way off here but what about the hose on the idle air control valve, it may have a split in it,when i first got my tt i had that and it was a sh#t to start and when it did it ran rough until it got up to temp,and all it was ,was that little pipe,Long shot I know but at least it's an idea?

Well looks like its a dead. Compression is just too low. Now its not even trying to start anymore.

So looks like i bought a dud one :-(.

Am soo pissed off.

But on a better note, vodkashots has a good runner for sale(deal done) so happy days could still be ahead.

Very wierd day today on the z. Was in garden taking off the turbos, manifolds and egr valve getting it ready for a engine swap over.

decided while i have a 2min break that i'd give it one last shot at trying to start the engine before i started to take it out, and guess what...

It started up first go..

Do question now is will it work again from cold tommorow or was it just toying with me,lol.

Either way i was chuffed to bits today that i had it going.

is it the old battery from years ago?

No mate, its a brand new 740ah battery. But it has had a lot of turning the motor over and no proper driving to charge it up.

Had it on battery charger a few times but really needs a good full charge.

Once ive get it running again im gonna let it cool and do another compression test, see if its getting any better.

give it a good charge, get it running and leave it running for a while see what happens. let it come up to temp make sure its holding temp, give it a rev or two and check your dip stick is still stuck in its hole, if its not then piston rings are defo your issue and its building pressure with in the block its self, thus pushing the dip stick out of its tube.

oh you have a text as well lol