Guess what .......................Engine out again

would love too but ££££ and been advised that Stock forged rods are good for 500 ...

On this i would think if you were going to prepare a slap up dinner for 2 with all the trimmings would you present it on paper plates?

Maybe it is worth going that step further or risk having another engine go bang with trying to push old parts

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

trace the IC pipes as to where you have oil and look at the route will soon tell you where it is likely to be coming from. However oil in IC pipes more than likey points to tubbie seals depends what boost lines and such you have deleted and which are still there that could put oil to that side

When i blew no.6 piston ( the usual most obvious one!) oil pissed out of both exhausts and was in all pipes all over the gaff.

Stock pistons are 87mm however as every block should have a de hone of the bores, you fit 87.5mm also being the smallest you can normally get in forged from wiseco and the likes.

smithy

last time i checked pipes was all clean and that was only weeks ago ...

oil coming out of passanger side exhaust ...

no oil in drivers side ... clean

but there was oil in both sides of the intercooler not loads but enuff to leave a nice trail when it was taken off

so i would guess about 100ml in total

i'm just ready to take engine out .. started at half 2 ... doing good for time

these tubs have uprated Oil seals on ... i paid for the privilege

i should hope so too but it doesnt make them bomb proof. any number of things could cause them to fail and we could list possiblities all day however push an engine and you will find any weak links which you have done

Well its all Priced up ... and its going to spank me thats for sure

87mm Wiseco Pistons & eagle Rods...................................................$1098

ARP Head/Main Stud Kit...................................................................$265

ACL Rod Bearings............................................................................$55

ACL Main Bearings...........................................................................$72

VTC Springs.........................................................................2x$18=$36

Full Engine Gaskets set inc Oil seals,valve seals and Cometic Head.........$355

Ring Comp......................................................................................$17

PCV Valves...........................................................................2x$11=$22

Postal $170 with other parts in box

Total ..............................................................................................$2090

Total UK .........................................................................................£1320

Jobs need doing

Main Block homing or Boring £15>30 Per Cylinder £90>180

Heads Skimming & Valve cut inc fitting all stem seals £100 Per Head = £200

Crank Polishing £50

this is Normal Price and said for Cash ... Cheaper

Mikey

Pistons are $595

egr delete $32

Gonzo

ACL Rod Bearings $55

ACL Main Bearings $72

Edited by MarkDerby

You're going to want bigger than 87mm pistons with the rebore mate. If yours are currently standard get 0.5 mm bigger and give the block to the machine shop with the pistons when they arrange and they will match them accordingly.

Not fancy a PCV delete while it's out and save a few quid?

You're going to want bigger than 87mm pistons with the rebore mate. If yours are currently standard get 0.5 mm bigger and give the block to the machine shop with the pistons when they arrange and they will match them accordingly.

Not fancy a PCV delete while it's out and save a few quid?

was going to get 88mm set anyways and yeah all ready sorted for engine tech to sort that out

PCV not sure .... what does it intail ?

Order a PCV delete kit to block the PCV holes in the plenum when you put your order in. Then you need to vent the crankcase breathers externally which i've seen done in a few different ways. Read this one the other day http://z32.wikispaces.com/PCV+Delete

Other people have fed a couple of pipes to a oil catch tank then dropped the exit pipe to the floor. I've also seen every breather piped together with silicon hoses then run out the back of the car. Having it vent in or under the engine bay can cause smells when you're stationary so better to run a pipe back.

• Trade

pcv delete is fine when your running a map sensor,if your running a maf then basically your creating an air leak in the system which will cause all sorts of issues hence why removing the oil filler cap on a running zed causes idle issues etc.

Untitled-1.png

the z oil pump is well known to be bomb proof. unless you have any issues with it there isent any need to replace it. i only replaced my one due to being flush when building my engine. lol

They are indeed a decent pump and seldom without issue too, IMO anyone with an engine stripped down would be nuts not to replace a 20 year old oil pump considering the cost of an OEM item and the potential cost of repairs, should it either fail or not work effectively.

Both of which you only find out when it's too late!

Smithy