What did you do to your zed today?

Cheers Ian, I am trying to get her back up to a decent motor, fitted a new light relay today courtesy of an Italian ebayer who sold me a brand new one in the packet for £20 delivered, so much better than Nissan who wanted £38+vat !! I mean seriously Nissan it’s just a relay, it fits pretty much all Nissans from the 80,s and 90,s including a fork lift truck ! Needless to say it’s nice to know when I switch full beams on I’m not left holding my todger in the dark ! :laugh::laugh:

Nothing today.......

....As it is no longer here...:sad:

But do not fret folks, I have not parted with my senses!! I had a long day with the Zed yesterday - as I drove it up to Staffordshire and left it with Dasstech, for Darren to work his magic on the bodywork!!

It's going to be a long two or three months without it, for sure; but after MDX let me down so badly, I know it will get done. And having seen Darren's work on Bobba's and Lee's cars yesterday - plus the grey Defender his lad Steve has been restoring, I know my Zed is in good hands - and will emerge looking very good indeed...:clover:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

What body work are you having done Richard?

New sill panels each side, some welding to the passenger seat mounts and a couple of other areas; plus a full respray in TK3...:cool:

• Like 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

So today a small but nonetheless important job ! Rattling screws on the kick plates. Once again Nissan stagger me with the price of a little plastic clip to hold a screw in, £2.43+vat EACH :ohmy: soooo I found a company on EBay that when I put the OEM code in did an alternative at a greatly reduced price £2.69 for 10 including delivery!! Now I was sceptical that they would do the job but I took a punt and ordered them yesterday. They turned up this morning ! Wow someone who actually knows how to sell goods on EBay! Anyway here’s a couple of pics, one of the new clip and one of a nice tight kick plate !93C7FAA8-A369-42E6-844E-ED5932F8D5B8.jpg

8175FB12-8F0F-4164-8F33-114A66CE2203.jpg

I drove my honda accord from Shrewsbury to Angelsey and back to be able to give the zed a run out! It hadn't moved since the 4th September X-(

She started first time straight away and ran perfectly "Go-on-zed" :biggrin: And of course the once I tried WOT it span it's wheels in fourth haha. I miss my zed!

IMG_20171103_204144.jpg

Before and after :-/