What did you do to your zed today?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Managed to get some time to do a few more bits this afternoon, full coolant flush, oil change and a wash in the dark! First wash in months!  Yesterday I also managed to complete the wiring for my

Mine got splattered in the usual Brighton and Hove seagull sh*t so I gave her a good wash yesterday and applied another coat of wax. All external mouldings retreated as they started to get a bit dry.

Details, details, details... new clutch, brake and accelerator pedal covers fitted.

Posted Images

Is there a paid version, I cant seem to find anything but the free version.
I was looking at buying this if anyone has used it before?
https://www.nisscan.com/NDSI/index.php
Yea there are links to buy on the website I think.

I've bought datascan as it's cheaper than conzult. I'm not sure it's quite as feature rich, but it's enough for me.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Went for my first drive at night since getting 99spec xenon headlights - wow, i can see !!!

Great to hear It really is a night and day difference! Probably one of the best things I did to the zed. Freshens up the front end nicely too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Second coat of this wax Richard and its not bad.

1474415483_butterwax.jpg.a6a7c036024965989a2df6d17d62c765.jpg

I’ve been using Bilt Hamber double speed wax for years now but feel like a change - your car is the best advertisement for this product haha so may have to give this a go.

• Like 1
On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 12:38, Gaz 300 said:

Second coat of this wax Richard and its not bad.

butter wax.jpg

Cheers Gary!!

I am a fan of Chemical Guys' products - I love their Jet Seal pain sealant.... I highly recommend that as a base coat before waxing - our very own Peach recommended it to me and I've used it ever since. Must give their wax a try sometime.

Although at the moment. I'm impressed with Dodo Juice Purple Haze - having three blue cars, it's the nuts:classic_wink:

• Like 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Bought some new rubber today ready for sunday only to find out I bought the wrong tyres! I bought 225 45 18R instead of 225 40 18R! They would fill the arches and rub so they will have to be returned and others ordered, wont happen for sunday though. oooooops 

Ahhh what an absolute ball ache! Took my wheels off, cleaned the insides and out, put another coat of wax on for Sunday, and cleaned up the suspension and brakes even though you probs won’t see most of it . Going to rain loads apparently tomorrow so will give the body a wash on Sunday morning early before the meet.

9 hours ago, naz27 said:

Ahhh what an absolute ball ache! Took my wheels off, cleaned the insides and out, put another coat of wax on for Sunday, and cleaned up the suspension and brakes even though you probs won’t see most of it emoji23.png. Going to rain loads apparently tomorrow so will give the body a wash on Sunday morning early before the meet.

This was my plan as I have been working annoyingly timed shifts this week so havent go much done to the car! Im hoping to get up early tomorrow, wash and polish the car as it hasnt been done for ages....

Camskill are happy to take the tyres back as I didnt unwrap them or try to fit them. I had to pay the shipping though (£40 ouch) so ill buy the right tyres this time! I contacted APC, who delievered the tyres, to get a quote for sending the tyres back and was told that they dont send tyres, they are on the prohibited list. I said you just delievered 3 to me not less than an hour ago. "Oh no sir, that cant have been us"....."Well it was an APC van driven by a guy in an APC t-shirt"....."No sir we dont allow tyres".... I cut the live chat and googled shipping tyres, found a company, booked and paid. They sent me the labels, I printed them out and guess who are collecting the tyres on Monday...... APC! ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That’s absolutely ridiculous about APC and also pricey too. Oh well, at least you got it sorted in the end. That’s annoying about your work shifts this week. Wet days like today make me wish I had a little unit with water drains that I could clean the car in or do general work on. Can only dream...

This weekend is the first time in a while i spent any time driving/tinkering with the Zed.

I finally got around to fitting the gear shift gaiter I purchased from Mondo. It's only been a year since i had the manual conversion carried out. ?

IMG_20200725_153726.thumb.jpg.756126d3b4a96a3ce5e11aa77ea72d5d.jpg

• Like 4

✔️ SWB                   ✔️ Twin Turbo 
✔️ Manual               ✔️ Slick-top
✔️ Seat belts mounted in the correct places...

15 minutes ago, BambooJoe said:

This weekend is the first time in a while i spent any time driving/tinkering with the Zed.

I finally got around to fitting the gear shift gaiter I purchased from Mondo. It's only been a year since i had the manual conversion carried out. ?

IMG_20200725_153726.thumb.jpg.756126d3b4a96a3ce5e11aa77ea72d5d.jpg

Looking good BB Joe just needs a radio trim plate to finish it off. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Gaz 300 said:

Looking good BB Joe just needs a radio trim plate to finish it off. 

That's being kept safe in the glove box until the clock is repaired/replaced and goes back in.

Another job on the 'to-do list' i haven't got around to...

• Like 2

✔️ SWB                   ✔️ Twin Turbo 
✔️ Manual               ✔️ Slick-top
✔️ Seat belts mounted in the correct places...

42 minutes ago, BambooJoe said:

That's being kept safe in the glove box until the clock is repaired/replaced and goes back in.

Another job on the 'to-do list' i haven't got around to...

Sure what would you be doing if you had no wee jobs to do. All part of 300zx ownership mate.