What did you do to your zed today?

well not exactly today, but yesterday and today stripped the plenum off the engine, fitted a new set of later style injectors & adaptors, new pcv Valves and new pcv silicone pipes (replacing the z1 silicone pcv kit, which actually leaks oil through the pipes), disconnected and capped the egr feeds, and reinstated the stock fuel rail and dumped those ghastly braided fuel lines, new fuel hose right the way through. she fired up 2nd turn od the key firing on all 6! a good weekends work 

IMG_0669.jpeg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yesterday, we returned from a well deserved week's holiday in Cornwall. We covered around 900 miles in the Zed, I certainly gave it a thorough workout - although by the time we got home, the car was looking pretty grubby......

......So today, I gave it a good wash followed by a wipe-down with Auto-Finesse Glisten. It was looking rather shiny in the sunshine - so I couldn't resist a couple of cheeky pics. It's now safely tucked up back in the garage ?

20200915_100611.jpg

20200920_133107.jpg

20200920_133147.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

49 minutes ago, RichardS said:

Yesterday, we returned from a well deserved week's holiday in Cornwall. We covered around 900 miles in the Zed, I certainly gave it a thorough workout - although by the time we got home, the car was looking pretty grubby......

......So today, I gave it a good wash followed by a wipe-down with Auto-Finesse Glisten. It was looking rather shiny in the sunshine - so I couldn't resist a couple of cheeky pics. It's now safely tucked up back in the garage ?

20200915_100611.jpg

20200920_133107.jpg

20200920_133147.jpg

Looks great Richard! 

• Like 1

On 20/09/2020 at 18:09, jimmer said:

Well that stretched the old girls legs Richard.Who says they are not reliable eh ? looking great after its wash & Freshen up?

Cheers Jim - and you're dead right mate, of course the Zed is reliable..... As long as it's properly maintained?

And considering the weather last week, Julia and I were so pleased you fixed my AC!! I reckon I said that almost every day, after we'd completed a 6 to 8 mile walk and got back into a nice cool Zed to drive back to our hotel...LOL!! 

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

22 hours ago, AndrewG said:

I recognise that shot Richard, Bude if I'm not mistaken. Nice part of the North Cornish coast.

Yup, spot on as ever Andrew - we went there Tuesday for a gentle coast-path stroll...... We stayed in Boscastle as usual though, I have a few artistic shots taken in the Welly car park, but haven't uploaded the camera photos yet?

10 hours ago, craig said:

nice little trip Richard, and car looking nice.

Had a couple of exterior rust spots sorted on mine this weekend, front and rear arch on driver side. Need to sort rear passenger side another weekend.

Cheers Craig - and good to hear about your Zed too.... Must catch up soon mate!!

Cheers Jim - and you're dead right mate, of course the Zed is reliable..... As long as it's properly maintained[emoji6]
And considering the weather last week, Julia and I were so pleased you fixed my AC!! I reckon I said that almost every day, after we'd completed a 6 to 8 mile walk and got back into a nice cool Zed to drive back to our hotel...LOL!! 

Haha I made the fatal mistake this summer of putting off replacing the ac compressor, especially since I drove it everyday! I forgot the zed is a greenhouse. Definitely on the list for next year before summer! And too right, our cars are reliable if maintained properly I done 4K miles since March/April, and not missed a beat [emoji2].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Love 1

Got back from sea yesterday. 

Greeted with a parcel from JP carparts. I had great plans to spend the next 3 weeks building a car port and then working through a multitude of the issues and end up with all the suspension off ready to take to work for shot blasting. 

Fate had other plans however. My daughters class bubble has had a Covid case so are now in isolation for 2 weeks. So whilst my wife works I've got the 2 girls to looks after. 

However I did manage to get a few hours this morning to get the essential part done of getting a new ignition barrel installed that needs a key to start rather than a lollipop stick. Pain in the ass of a job, and uncovered more issues than I solved I think (mostly related to old plastics). 

Anyway. Brand new ignition installed and hooked up. All works as it should including the steering lock and key release. 

Just doors, glove, boot locks to change when I get chance. 

Now to buy 2 new pod backs to replace the 2 knackered ones mine was hiding. 

Need to remove the cluster soon to figure out why none of the dash illumination is working. All the pods light up as expected, but the back lights and the ignition ring light are all duff (was like it when I bought it, so not something I buggered up today. 

IMG-20200918-WA0005.jpg

IMG_20200922_114421.jpg

• Like 3

Zed #2: 1998 Midnight Purple 2+2 NA. (owned 2020 - now) 

Zed #1: 1995 Blue Slicktop NA (2013-2015)

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Got back from sea yesterday. 

Greeted with a parcel from JP carparts. I had great plans to spend the next 3 weeks building a car port and then working through a multitude of the issues and end up with all the suspension off ready to take to work for shot blasting. 

Fate had other plans however. My daughters class bubble has had a Covid case so are now in isolation for 2 weeks. So whilst my wife works I've got the 2 girls to looks after. 

However I did manage to get a few hours this morning to get the essential part done of getting a new ignition barrel installed that needs a key to start rather than a lollipop stick. Pain in the ass of a job, and uncovered more issues than I solved I think (mostly related to old plastics). 

Anyway. Brand new ignition installed and hooked up. All works as it should including the steering lock and key release. 

Just doors, glove, boot locks to change when I get chance. 

Now to buy 2 new pod backs to replace the 2 knackered ones mine was hiding. 

Need to remove the cluster soon to figure out why none of the dash illumination is working. All the pods light up as expected, but the back lights and the ignition ring light are all duff (was like it when I bought it, so not something I buggered up today. 

IMG-20200918-WA0005.jpg

IMG_20200922_114421.jpg

Getting there Lexx and very common for the side pods to be broken. People screw in the wrong screws and damage the threads in the plastic and even break them off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bones28 said:

No only replicas.

But they are/were made of titanium though.

https://conceptzperformance.com/gza-titanium-key-replica-nissan-300zx-z32-gza-key00-00111_p_15467.php

More may be in the pipeline.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/GZAPARTS/posts/

Edited by AndrewG
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

26 minutes ago, AndrewG said:

Very true only the blade is mixed metals allowing it to be cut by any key maker.

2002 Porsche C2 996 3.6 
1991 Nissan 300zx TT Project

1995 Nissan 300zx TT Crashed 🥲

1997 Jaguar XK8 Scraped ☹️

I haven't done much to mine this weekend - the weather has been pants - however I did do a little online shopping....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mintex-Front-Brake-Pads-For-Nissan-300-ZX-3-0-Turbo-1990-1995-MDB1416M1155/142410438796?hash=item212852d88c:g:hw4AAOSwgV1dly-L

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Fits-Nissan-300ZX-Z32-3-0-Twin-Turbo-Genuine-Mintex-Rear-Brake-Pads-Set/331919434623?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Whilst washing my Zed the other weekend, I noticed the EBC front pads I fitted about 7,000 miles ago had worn down to just a couple of MM - so I thought I'd try the Mintex M1155 compound. Hopefully they should prove a decent upgrade.

Then I bought a set of  Mintex OEM-replacement rears, as they were going cheap.

My Zed is due an MOT and oil change before Nov 15th, so I'll have them fitted at the same time ?

• Like 2