water botlles out, for better IC cooling

Guest henri.F

Guest henri.F

my car is in for a overall respray( same color= cherry red) and fitment of a 99oem spoiler and SE monza rear spoiler.Just to have it nice and fresh, didn't have any accident or so...

I saw the front yesterday without the spoiler and noticed the water tanks just after the intercoolers; yikes!!!(btw: these IC are TINY!!!)

Out the water bottles go, as i think they must inhibit the flow trough the IC's.

For that reason the car shop wil make an opening, a slit really, in the oem spoiler between the wheel arch and the blinkers, just like in the SE monza front spoiler.

Now the question is: where do I relocate the tank for the windshield fluid?

Would a container in the trunk be a good idea? eg. one specially made in the space of the toolkit, on the right side of the spare?

Any suggestions??

cheers, rik

Dont you still have to keep the cooling system overflow and expansion bottle within reach of the radiator cap? I thought you could not just throw this away. The radiator needs to be able to suck up additional water depending on cooling system pressure.

When its very hot and over cap set pressure it dumps some water into the bottle to relieve pressure. Once it cools right down it takes the water back again.

What about the venturis under the ICs- are these only on the series 11's? They are apparently supposed to lower the air pressure behind the ICs to increase suction thru them and also to aid brake disc cooling.