1995 Silver Series IV Slicktop Version S - Taking To Another Level

Nice fresh paint looks good Andy :thumbup1: So when is the prop getting fitted???

Not in any rush with other work going on atm Gary but it is paid for and was last seen at Jimmers early in 2016 !!!

Going back to the paint, i have had for many years the genuine NISSAN KL0 touch up kit but when i've used it on a 20 year car it was always much much darker, so i gave up to it and used pound shop silver wheel paint for any touch up work or spraying door mirror bodies for instance !!!

So now i'm finally going to have that darker silver factory colour one has desired :biggrin:.

Got the nod from the wheel refurb place late yesterday and so i asked for a pic which this morning i duly received.

My Work Equips look a bit different now as previously having had the darker and bubbling gunmetal centres, now i've got a 'light' shadow chrome by the looks of it.

Not just sure on the center caps atm, they had an issue with one of the four taking them off but that's for another day and for me to sort at my leisure.

Picking them up on Monday all balanced and then it's onto the spray shop to see what mischief i can cause there :biggrin:.

Wheel Refurb 2016 Oct.jpg

Wheel Refurb October '16.jpg

Then my front headlights, all nice and spotlessly clean with the tamiya adjusting cogs, stock charcoal 89 tray with near to factory imo looking white halo.

Currently playing around with my own zed with halo lights when i noticed that all the adjusting cogs are shot. Do you mind me asking where you ordered them from and how many you needed to buy?

It's a lovely zed you have. Certainly puts my silver one to shame :whistling:

✔️ SWB                   ✔️ Twin Turbo 
✔️ Manual               ✔️ Slick-top
✔️ Seat belts mounted in the correct places...

Currently playing around with my own zed with halo lights when i noticed that all the adjusting cogs are shot. Do you mind me asking where you ordered them from and how many you needed to buy?

Ebay, you need Tamiya 50602 kit, 4 kits are required, you throw most away, just keep the large 2 cogs out of each kit.

So this was the wheel before, you can see it's quite a change for me with them now being practically all chrome, lots of decals now all gone, the original chrome nuts will be going back on instead of the experimental red ones which just look tacky.

I am lifting my car to another level trying to compete/get near other fine examples in this club :cool3:.

DSC05142.jpg

Edited by phutumsch

Picked up my wheels today, they didn't disappoint, then took them to the spray shop where my guy was busy flattening, cutting and polishing, my bodywork is going to turn out very well.

For the purposes of moving the car and to see how they looked, i fit the wheels with just 2 nuts, i had a little play with the front ride height but until they're under load i wont know if i have it to my liking or not - was too low you see and i don't want to catch my newly sprayed bumper every time i go over a speed hump like what was happening :thumbdown:.

DSC05199.jpg

DSC05201.jpg

No genuine Equip center caps fit you'll notice, that is because i am refurbing them myself, see pic below where this has begun, gunmetal like before these will be so will need a fresh blowing over then a lacquering, this colour will give a sensible contrast against the chrome :yes:

DSC05205.jpg

When do you think it'll be finished?

He's talking about Friday, if so i'll be going on and putting things back with him but if this slips to Monday so be it, he's quite a bit to do yet and the car owner is being demanding and fussy :yes:.

Then i'll be doing the interior once it's back on my drive :biggrin:.

Nice one, Preston is on the 23rd if its back and ready!

We'll see Dave.

Another part or parts came today.....am slowly getting rid of all the things that niggled me or was below standard, my aherm..............show plates !!

All nice and simple with a 3/4 front, the one thing that i have different is all the characters on one line on the rear plate, used to have the M127 above the Stolen Motor Vehicle, as far as i am aware the smaller font is acceptable being that the Jspec plate aperture is what it is, but lets not start a debate on that on my thread :yes:.

DSC05206.jpg