• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I am:

20140320_144506_zps7h6xc2pc.jpg

That must be a big tug Al :thumbup1: I have stood at this one(dry dock) and you will have to come over some day to see it.

Edited by Gaz 300

Deep sea tugs are pretty big Gary. Similar size to the support vessels. Google Smit-Tak tug...will give you an idea. :)

Hub ports use large tugs also especially for ULCC and VLCC vessels.

Sold 10/10/19

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Turns out Buckie RNLI Lifeboat is a TT-TT

Not pictured, the other Twin turbo V12 With it's Fast Ford sized cone filters and 'another' 1250hp!

The boat was doing about 30kts and rolling what looked like 45 degrees but was realistically probably closer to about 30!

20140323_111937.jpg

I'd post up a pic of our Engine Room, but it's in bits at the moment so looks an absolute state. Chainblocks and valves everywhere.

Zed #2: 1998 Midnight Purple 2+2 NA. (owned 2020 - now) 

Zed #1: 1995 Blue Slicktop NA (2013-2015)

Valves like barstool bases I bet. Was gonna ask if you fancied a pint but it is still a long old way to Fraserburgh.

Cheers Garry :-)

Yeah, still some distance between the places, and the roads are crap too. Not to mention that Fraserburgh isn't exactly the greatest place on the Earth!

Population of 12,500 split between about 5 surnames....

That road is dreadful, camera vans and head on collisions. All of the wagons do 40 as they have to because there are Loads of cameras. So people overtake, but bacause the cameras are on the overtaking double lane bits they crash doing it in mental places. Then I scrape them into a helicopter and take them to hospital. Its a dangerous road that one... lets put more cameras on it :headvswall:

We can have a pint in hartlepool some time I'm home mate :thumbup1: If you're sailing west at all drop me a line and I'll try to get a sea king to play with your boat.

I'm through in Bishop a fair bit as my best mate lives through there. Pint in the Red Aligator some time.

The boat is heading back down to the Forth once we float on Thursday/Friday. I think we're due to do a rig shift in Invergorden next month though, so I'll let you know.

9 years I spent working on that kind of ship (various sizes). I gotta say I don't miss it!

Hi Tom and Lexx you guys have exciting jobs and when you leave them its going to be soooooooo dull. Keep up the good work guys :bow:

What Gaz said.....

....And I have jut caught up with the thread now I am back home from a weekend away. I did read it on my phone earlier - but TBH it was too awkward to attempt a reply!!!

And to fuel the debate; for me, bath=2; shower=1. I always prefer a bath; much easier to relax and unwind - a shower is fine if I'm in a hurry (or shower in the morning and bathe in the evening). But I never feel properly clean after a shower!!

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2: