Ten Of The Best! TOTB14: 25-26th July 2015

Lol. Well, after having the car in a garage for 2 hours hunting for an air leak... I finally found it but I couldn't fix it as the garage was closing. To be fair though, the garage manager didn't charge me for using his ramps which is awesome.

I see they finally found a ramp big enough for you to get under........article-2226093-15CA3C18000005DC-458_634x797.jpg..........:whistling:

and I see you got pulled over on the way home.....34b498816701b76e6064fd245b5b3adf.jpg............:tongue:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be going and I will be doing my own thing as usual but am more than happy to be part of the 300ZX team. Regarding regs the car should be 'road legal' but take this with a pinch of salt. Last year I spent a fortune keeping it road legal and when signing on with all my paperwork, tax, insurance, MOT two guys in front had NOTHING but showed a photo of their car on the road which seemed to be 'fine'. You won't be turned away unless your car is particularly loud. You will need a helmet which 'should' be a car type not motorcycle however again they are unlikely to check this. If you're in a true road car a motorcycle helmet is good enough anyway as you're highly unlikely to burst into flame :) TOTB is a pretty laid back affair in respect of 'rulebooks' and one of the reasons that it's so popular. And probably the best value in motorsport anywhere.

Providing all goes well and my cars running and finished by then (should be I hope) count me in!

Great stuff :)

1. Jaffa

2. Noz

3. Iangreenfield

4. (adl)phoenix

5. Slick Pete

6. Mikey

7. Bobgenie

8. Chandler93

Just been given a dvd of totb 2, by a mechanic at work, slightly concerned I'm out of my depth hah there were some scary cars running that year.

if you need nissan part numbers or prices just drop me a pm....:thumbup1:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"i wasn't drifting officer.... i was crashing with style..."

• 5 weeks later...

So, how's everyone coming along?

I should be finishing off the new blow-through MAF R&D in the next couple of weeks between mapping Hondas searching for that extra 10bhp. The Zed idles better on my new system with no lambda feedback than the stock MAF with lambda feedback. So far so good. Then I'll be seeing what it does on the dyno before the next round of modifications (new intercoolers & rad setup, new exhaust system, AEM meth injection).

I've written a shopping list... Unfortunately due to its length and the apparent load of work my zed's going to need it won't be finished for this year, so we'll call it a practice session lol. And it'll either run as is or the na can come.

if you need nissan part numbers or prices just drop me a pm....:thumbup1:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"i wasn't drifting officer.... i was crashing with style..."

• 4 weeks later...

I've had some good results with GTX turbos recently. GTX2860 @ 1.7bar made 613bhp on a single MAF and GTX2863 @ 1.6bar made 570bhp & 577lb·ft) . They definitely require a love of boost to make the good things happen :D

• Like 1
I've had some good results with GTX turbos recently. GTX2860 @ 1.7bar made 613bhp on a single MAF and GTX2863 @ 1.6bar made 570bhp & 577lb·ft) . They definitely require a love of boost to make the good things happen :D

well i was on 1.6bar on stockers so 2 bar it is lol

Yes bud ive checked with the mrs the baby is due the 19th so as long as there are no late complications we should be ok

Congratulations mate :)

Well done on the baby, too :wack:

1. Jaffa

2. Noz

3. Iangreenfield

4. (adl)phoenix

5. Slick Pete

6. Mikey

7. Bobgenie

8. Silverline

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.