A sad thread

I've put off writing this thread for months,as nobody knows what to say to make me feel any better. There is nothing you really can say, but I know I have your support. As many as you know, I am having health problems. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with cancer. Unfortunately, despite everybodies best efforts, the treatment has been unsuccessful and I am now terminal. Im not sure how much longer I've got, probably weeks, hopefully months but I will keep posting for as long as possible!!

You will be wondering what will happen to Zebedee as I am now too poorly to drive him. Well I have sold him to an active and respected member of the forum so he's not going to disappear!!

• Like 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Mandy... this is beyond awful news!!!

I've only met you briefly at TOTB a couple of years ago, but I've seen everything you've contributed here and, of course, the beautiful Zebedee... just don't know what to say!!!

So so so sorry to hear this... :( :(

Any news that flashes at me on facebook, along the lines of engagements, pregnancies etc I try not to comment. I feel it makes light of what should otherwise be an important, respected or emotional piece of news, so if I want to comment, I try hard to do so face to face.

However on this forum, I feel it is in many ways more closely knit than my own "friend" feed on facebook. We may not have all spoken directly, but as a group we share, we learn, we laugh and we argue. We are all in this together, in that we care about our cars, we care about the club and we genuinely care about each other.

So I hope that this is received as it is meant, and in no way cheapened by its presentation. Mandy, my own and I am sure everyone else's thoughts and best wishes are with you.

Having talked with you Mandy, i can say, i havent met anyone with your strength of mind and admire your resolve in the face of what you are dealing with, Julie sends her best as we both do and hope you manage to battle as long as you can, which i know you will.

We are here for you to get anything off your chest, have a moan or a laugh and you will always have a place here in our hearts and the club :bow:

I've put off writing this thread for months,as nobody knows what to say to make me feel any better. There is nothing you really can say, but I know I have your support. As many as you know, I am having health problems. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with cancer. Unfortunately, despite everybodies best efforts, the treatment has been unsuccessful and I am now terminal. Im not sure how much longer I've got, probably weeks, hopefully months but I will keep posting for as long as possible!!

You will be wondering what will happen to Zebedee as I am now too poorly to drive him. Well I have sold him to an active and respected member of the forum so he's not going to disappear!!

Hi Mandy, I did know, but wanting to keep things up beat and as positive for as long as possible, especially whilst we were at the NEC back in November. You're very much an asset to the club and you're certainly held in high regard - an ambassador for the club!

Long may you keep your strength and determination and I am sure any member of the club is standing by willing and able should you need it - that goes without question!

If you ever need a talk, as always, just bung me a PM.

Let's hope we can get you to some of the summer events!

Not much to add to what has already been said.

I only met you the once at Coventry but you've always been an asset to this club.

I hope your remaining time is positive, painless, and full of fight.

Zed #2: 1998 Midnight Purple 2+2 NA. (owned 2020 - now) 

Zed #1: 1995 Blue Slicktop NA (2013-2015)

Well I'm trying to stay positive and do what I can when I can. It's all I can do. I may well have the odd rant every now and then :biggrin: even tho I've only met some of you in person, I feel like you are my mates who I can chat with.

Never ever give up and keep fighting this terrible disease Mandy and yes we are more than a car forum here we are a family who are concerned about you so please feel free to talk any time. I will say a prayer for you and hope you will pray also as when all else fails the power of the holy spirit can come to you.

Mandy from the first day we met when you guys turned up to my bacon butty meeting It has been a privellege to be your friend. I can't think of anyone with more passion for life and the Z32 marque than you. I have thoroughly enjoyed the events we have attended and the banter we have shared. Beth and I have you in our thoughts every minute of every day and as you know hun if you and Dave need anything at all even if it's just to talk you have my number just call me. We all think the world of you, lots of love and hugs from me and Beth.

One of the worst posts ive read here since 2004:(...Dont know what to say except my love and wishes are with you Mandy. Goodluck in your on-going fight hun;)

Having been on the forum almost as long as Bri I have to agree.

i have known for some time about your illness and im glad you have found the strength to discuss it on the forum.

i think Gary has summed it up already.

Never ever give up and keep fighting this terrible disease Mandy and yes we are more than a car forum here we are a family who are concerned about you so please feel free to talk any time.

Certainly the saddest post I've seen on here and I've been on the forum for over 10 years :( I'm so sorry to hear the news Mandy, I'm glad I got to meet you at Coventry last year and have a good chat about owning midnight purple '99 spec Z32s, a conversation most people on here can only dream of haha :)

Best wishes to you and keep up the fight and remain positive xx

Hi Mandy, although we may have been strangers in person, I have always enjoyed the banter and enthusiasm you have given this club and its members over the few years I have been a part of it and not least provided this club with one of the finest Zeds we have, that is a legacy that will be looked after and appreciated. long, long in to the future.

But I hope the you find all the comfort and strength from your family and friends and know that among this forum you are and will always be a bright light and we look to have your company for however long we are blessed.

Mandy, although we have never met or spoken, I have always read your posts with interest. You are well respected on the forum, which is like a big family and your car is an inspiration for everyone.

My families thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

Guest dan300zx

really is a sad a thread, its very hard to comment on thread like this but impossible to just pass it by. even when you don't know the person. having seem the effects of cancer on 3 family members people I was very close to I don't think there is anything I could say to this. but you must fight it rite to the very end am sure everyone on here no matter who you are is sorry to hear this as cancer does effect us all xxx:clover:

I've met you a couple times Mandy and your great! I've had 2 family members be in the same situation on the edge of this. Don't give in, they both out lived the doctors predictions after being told terminal from a few weeks/months and made it years! The fight ain't over until it's over.

As I said before it was great meeting you in person!