The F1 Thread

So lets start of with the news that the BBC will not be showing any races! But channel 4 will be showing 10 live races.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/formula1/f1-to-move-to-channel-4-after-bbc-ends-its-contract-early/ar-BBnMbuK?li=AA9SkIr

Personally, I think its ridiculous that the bbc have lost such a sporting event. I really wonder why I'm paying for a tv licence as there's nowt on the bbc now! :thumbdown:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hamilton takes pole :clap: But dont like the new Qualifying set up :thumbdown:

Ah, forgot about this thread! Just set up another one. I hate this qualifying format too Gary, its pointless.

There were over 4 mins left of the last session when it was decided!

Glad Ferrari are looking strong though:)

Also, good coverage from C4... Not overly keen on Steve Jones as a presenter though

Ah, forgot about this thread! Just set up another one. I hate this qualifying format too Gary, its pointless.

There were over 4 mins left of the last session when it was decided!

Glad Ferrari are looking strong though:)

Also, good coverage from C4... Not overly keen on Steve Jones as a presenter though

Bernie Ecclestone has just tweeted he does not like the new set up so expect a change for the next race lol. Steve Jones I dont like either :(

Glad to see Mad Max doing well it should be a great race tomorrow.

I agree it's tosh

stop insulting tosh,tosh is so much better

How can Quali 3 finish with 3.5 minutes left of the 15

If they do not do something about it they will have hardly anyone paying to watch qualifying

IMO they should make all of the last 10 left in qualifying have to run at least 3 timed laps and then take the average of those times then at least the punters would get value for money

Not a bad idea that... Quite like the average thing. It could help stop the same person being on pole every race because they only need to make a mistake on one of those laps to potentially loose pole;)

Exactly would be good but me being cynical I could see the teams using one of their drivers to hold up someone to spoil their average time

They have to alter something with this latest idiotic idea they have come up with

Not happy about this.... It will definitely not help the sport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35889736

Totally agree! I won't subscribe to Sky, 3 reasons, I don't watch enough TV to warrant getting 'extra', Sky Sports is mostly just football anyway (which is about as exciting to me as a thumb-in-the-eye) and I won't subscribe to ANYTHINING related to Rupert Murdock.

It was bad enough when it went over to commercial channels after BBC's budget cuts meant no more F1, but MORE ****ing football, but now to Sky - sad days. :(

Edited by Funkysi

Totally agree! I won't subscribe to Sky, 3 reasons, I don't watch enough TV to warrant getting 'extra', Sky Sports is mostly just football anyway (which is about as exciting to me as a thumb-in-the-eye) and I won't subscribe to ANYTHINING related to Rupert Murdock.

It was bad enough when it went over to commercial channels after BBC's budget cuts meant no more F1, but MORE ****ing football, but now to Sky - sad days. :(

My thoughts exactly... Don't have sky and won't be getting it. I hardly watch tv myself, tbh, F1 is about the only thing I actually go out of my way to watch. Very sad that such a prestigious sport is going in that direction.