Altia Rear Quarter Window Panels

I'm pretty sure this Zed was one I gave a quote on for the interior a while ago... owned by an older guy called Keith, if I'm right.

He's got a 2+2 TT as well - I think that's at Jimmer's gaff as we speak.

The interior could do with an upgrade or even the right match for the glove box would improve it a lot.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bird has some in his garage/shed... by all accounts, he has at least one of every rare item for the Z32 in there!

This is true, I have or have had everything, although the Altia ones (2 sets of them) are in the loft rather than the garage.

Bird's aren't for sale - nothing of his is ever for sale! I just said he had a pair, although I think they might be the even-rarer non-illuminated ones...

Yup, I have the none illuminated ones are well somewhere.

I never really sell anything because there's just too much crap goes with the selling and I'd hate for someone to feel I'd ripped them off in any way as I simply wouldn't do it and would end up just giving the money back and being without the bits. The only thing I did sell that was rare was a spare Veilside Evolution Exhaust I had sitting around doing nothing.

Membership No 0780

INSURANCE GOOFA

Datascan, Conzult, ECUTalk and a few others

I have all the rare bits you can't find :tongue::tongue:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got em at last, can't wait to get these fitted:-)

As per some others threads stated these got sent to me and i soon concluded that the invertor was useless and so were the original 20+ year old green sheets, they'd flicker at best.

I do want to use all the original plugs and wiring so i will have to solder in new sheets and a new invertor, make everything real tidy and as oem as possible.

Made a start which was mainly planning/thinking and thought i'd better take and upload up a pic and here it is, things going well and these will turn out very well :thumbup:.

These look really crisp and a strong green colour in real life which i'll try and show on further pics.

DSC04695.jpg

Some more work done on these today :thumbup1:.

After attaching securely the new el sheets i then had to make sure and colour label and pre test that i'd got all the polarity's correct which i did at the first attempt.

DSC04702.jpg

I then got soldering and my aim was to make these as factory as possible, here are the altia shade ends

DSC04705.jpg

And the invertor end, one invertor powers both as per factory fit, hence the long loom. Just connects where you see the clips to sidelight circuit.

DSC04706.jpg

I then stuck them back on the shades, double sided sticky was used initially all those years ago, i left this in place and just applied a tiny careful amount of black silicone to help further secure, all incredibly tidy as you can see below.

DSC04708.jpg

Awesome. Ill say it again, Awesome. :thumbup:

Well Phutumsch has excelled again, hard to believe Andy has turned these around for me in just 24 hours! He only received them yesterday afternoon and the final result exceeds my expectations, I was not sure I could keep the original loom or indeed if the re-application of the bulb covers would be as original, great job Andy, great photos, great communication all the way through, as ever...sincere thanks.:clap:

Right, 99 spec rears going on and the Altia shades as soon as the delivery arrives. So chuffed, Altia Sill Plates, Altia EL Panel and now the trio, Altia Rear Quarter shades.....one Happy Zed Head :biggrin:

Awesome. Ill say it again, Awesome. :thumbup:

Well Phutumsch has excelled again, hard to believe Andy has turned these around for me in just 24 hours! He only received them yesterday afternoon and the final result exceeds my expectations, I was not sure I could keep the original loom or indeed if the re-application of the bulb covers would be as original, great job Andy, great photos, great communication all the way through, as ever...sincere thanks.:clap:

Right, 99 spec rears going on and the Altia shades as soon as the delivery arrives. So chuffed, Altia Sill Plates, Altia EL Panel and now the trio, Altia Rear Quarter shades.....one Happy Zed Head :biggrin:

Hey bedzee, if you want a hand fitting those 99 spec lights, give me a shout.. They're a sod to get the old ones off cos they're bonded in.. You'll need some white spirit to clean the old crud off and I've got a full tube of tigre seal here to bond the new ones in..

So if you want some help mate, just gimme a shout.

Hey bedzee, if you want a hand fitting those 99 spec lights, give me a shout.. They're a sod to get the old ones off cos they're bonded in.. You'll need some white spirit to clean the old crud off and I've got a full tube of tigre seal here to bond the new ones in..

Thanks Paul, I'm popping up to Denty's early next week and we are gonna fit them but appreciate the kind offer mate, cheers!

I've offered these in my swb and they're quite large so i conclude these are for the 'other' version for sure !!

I guess though they'd be nothing to stop you dremel cutting the plastic down in an equal fashion :scared: and then just scissor trim the black mesh tint that's on them.

Some final pics before i packed, as mentioned before green also when off, this matches what was done on the op's rear garnish panel.

DSC04729.jpg

Simulating night time

DSC04726.jpg

I cannot get the true colour to show on a pic but i assure you these are traffic light green - nice things and i must admit a tad jealous :thumbup1:.

DSC04712.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just for future reference, it's not a good idea using tiger seal or any polyurethane adhesive that sets because removing the lights in the future will be near impossible without breaking or damaging the lights or the body. I used a non setting sealant from 3M which is very close to the original sealant used and comes in a tube.

Just for future reference, it's not a good idea using tiger seal or any polyurethane adhesive that sets because removing the lights in the future will be near impossible without breaking or damaging the lights or the body. I used a non setting sealant from 3M which is very close to the original sealant used and comes in a tube.

Sharp blade to cut them out Chris and white spirit liquefies tiger seal.. I know the 3m stuff is good though, I've always used the tiger due to its holding ability. If it holds the spoiler on my car I'm sure the lights won't go anywhere! As the venom lights aren't bolted on at all, the sealant is the only thing holding them in place so I went hardcore with them..

For the rear lights I use this stuff and it works fine, compared to OEM sealant easier to the fix lights in place and when

removing them. Doesn't damage the plastic of the lights and puts much less strain on the fixing studs as the units are

mounted in place.

11002.jpg

Available from places such as Toolstation it is a non setting rubberised sealant.

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

Thanks for all the comments and advice everyone. The way Denty did it was to heat up the existing and they came away sweetly, the originals were supplied with enough of the original sealant to simply replace the lights as is, no problem at all.

Must thank Phutumsh for a great job and Lee for fitting them in, I had wanted these Altia OEM parts since I first saw them in the forums, never thought I would have all 3 fitted and working, really happy with them and they stand out brilliantly at night, well happy.

Edited by BedZee Man