JaiKai - MK2 - Ziggy Build

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the oil got contaminated and slightly washed down with fuel the turbos also ceased up. I decided to strip them and do the rebuild myself as the costs for that at the moment to be done profe

I had a wee surprise delivery from a Fedex van today and honestly wasn't expecting this for another week. Ordered from concept last week for my engine rebuild.   Only thing that is miss

Just collected my engine block and crank,   All good so i dont need to upsize my pistons, i'll upload pics shortly. Next order on the cards is new pistons and rods.

Posted Images

Thats not good but guess you can’t do much really. Bit random but I was looking on newera imports website couple days ago and a few customers posted great reviews of them sourcing all sorts of parts from Japan for their cars so might be worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its taken a long time coming to get all the parts together but i'm finally...

Getting my engine assembled.

Wiseco Pistons and Eagle rods at the ready, took me a good few hours to get them connected;

Biggest peeve with putting the rods on the pistons was the cir-clips.

882503598_2020-08-0815_36_00.thumb.jpg.9e9d5ce475e9b437df589c387581465f.jpg

Couple of hours later and with help from a proper wiseco piston installer all 6 were fitted in place.

1196249244_2020-08-0816_47_38.thumb.jpg.ecde3fc32bc2486395aee5eef7fabdf7.jpg

Whole crank and piston assemble rotates smoothly and i've added some oil to lube the cylinders up prior and after the pistons got installed.

• Like 5

Hi Lee,Coming on nicely i see,Did you gap the rings prior ? The scraper rings are usually about right but the  compression ring usually need around 5 thou removing so they are in tolerance.If the gaps are smaller than they should be when the engine warms up the rings will bind and scuff the bores.

35 minutes ago, jimmer said:

Hi Lee,Coming on nicely i see,Did you gap the rings prior ? The scraper rings are usually about right but the  compression ring usually need around 5 thou removing so they are in tolerance.If the gaps are smaller than they should be when the engine warms up the rings will bind and scuff the bores.

To be honest i was thinking of calling you and booking it in for you to build.

Already getting reservations about going any further as the bottom end assembly doesn't feel right.

Can you PM me with an estimate of a full build, i have everything here and can ship it all down.

I've gotten to a stage where i'm questioning everything i do and now i'm not comfortable doing any of it.

This is the last time i'm every doing anything like this and if it doesn't work i'll just sell up or set fire to it all.

• Like 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use