Orange.

I agree....

…..Normally, I'd pick clear - but the OEM orange rear lights really suit the car. So you need orange side repeaters to match..:cool:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finished of the light refurb today and bolted on the newly powder coated tin work and plated screws. They’re not perfect, I would like to have split them and rechromed the internals but that will ha

Anyway, back to today... Car passed. A few issues raised... Near and offside anti roll bar links corroded but not serious.  Read disc worn, pitted or scored but not serious.  Im a

All fitted. From this...   to this...  

Posted Images

Your car paint really does catch the light well, I agree, if you’re keeping the back lights orange, the sides should match :thumbup1:

When you build a car... any car... you have 3 choices

Cheap, Fast, or Reliable ... now you can only pick 2 of the 3....

If you pick Cheap and Fast it will not be Reliable

If you pick Cheap and Reliable it will not be Fast

If you pick Fast and Reliable it will not be Cheap

Pick your 2 and build your own car.

Club member no. 779:thumbup1:

• 2 months later...
I finally got my Christmas present today. Really looking forward to fitting it, along with my 3rd break light, as I think it will look great against my refurbed “89 spec lights.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115724[/ATTACH]

Maybe I'm missing something here but are you putting a 99 spec rear panel on with original rear lights!?

Sold 10/10/19

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why would you do that? You have chrome bezels around the reverse lights on the 99-spec centre panel and none on original, it will look completely miss-matched. :confused:

Maybe. Let’s see how it goes. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Orange is back one. I’ve also changed the pin stripes from reflective white to a metallic black. Picture to follow next week. :wink:

I forgot to post the picture of the metallic black stripe so here it is...

3DAA903F-70A1-46AC-89E5-2EEE99DFDB47.jpg

You can’t really see it in the picture but it’s less offensive than the old stripe.

Edited by Chris300
I forgot to post the picture of the metallic black stripe so here it is...

You can’t really see it in the picture but it’s less offensive than the old stripe.

Very nice Chris - much better IMO....:thumbup:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

• 5 weeks later...

I had a few hour today on the car.

The first job was very easy and very satisfying. New left hand radio surround screw cover got fitted.

AEE5436C-9A42-4EF5-9D31-C1B46EA53FD5.jpg

Second job was to fit the new passenger side window switch surround as the old one didn’t fit flush to the door card as a result of missing it two front locators.

78271CA8-C1BC-4C75-8C13-632ACC88406A.jpg

42B17D5B-AF94-4B48-8303-201A23615F81.jpg

B2A96620-A9AE-4B28-8277-4100D8BE5D5D.jpg

And the third job was to remove the scratched passenger door glass and replace with good used glass. I haven’t tinted the new glass and think the car looks better for it. What do you guys think?

Old with the scratches...

0490EAD2-DF94-4BB5-A7D9-0742D9FF97E1.jpg

0D7F901C-56F2-4BD7-A6BA-21855AC73EEC.jpg

New without tint...

89930EBA-AADE-49F8-AD9B-0D257946B6E1.jpg

103C6573-99CB-4D19-A7F7-A79747B560B5.jpg

Thanks Andrew. I’ve still not pulled the trigger on that. I was going to ask if you fancy a jolly up to the paint shop when your car is getting worked on and I can get their opinion on the job.

Thanks Martin. I did try clear side repeaters but because I prefer the orange rear lights clear repeaters just didn’t look right.

Thanks Andrew. I’ve still not pulled the trigger on that. I was going to ask if you fancy a jolly up to the paint shop when your car is getting worked on and I can get their opinion on the job.

Thanks Martin. I did try clear side repeaters but because I prefer the orange rear lights clear repeaters just didn’t look right.

Much better, it really does lift the feel inside the cabin doesn’t it? If you do venture up to Kraftwork, let me know and I’ll pop up.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use