• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finished of the light refurb today and bolted on the newly powder coated tin work and plated screws. They’re not perfect, I would like to have split them and rechromed the internals but that will ha

Anyway, back to today... Car passed. A few issues raised... Near and offside anti roll bar links corroded but not serious.  Read disc worn, pitted or scored but not serious.  Im a

All fitted. From this...   to this...  

Posted Images

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 13:47, Gaz 300 said:

Like new Chris ?

Agreed - it's these little details that make a big difference..... Nice work Chris:classic_cool:

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Yesterday I gave the PS pot a good rub down with some 1200 grit paper and applied the lacquer.

Without question this was the hardest paint to apply and unfortunately I have created a few runs. It’s nothing that I can’t fix but I’m a little frustrated with myself that I was so heavy handed with this coat. ?‍♂️

I’ve now got to wait a week for the lacquer to really go off before I can start the shave, rub down and  buff. ?

A16912B9-2F79-4FA4-9FE4-0545EA018702.thumb.jpeg.8f5dbc197b800dc1ed6b41796634d073.jpeg

On the plus side the lacquer has mad the pot look a lot darker, it’s still not as dark as OEM but I’m sure only a few would notice the difference when fitted. ?

A7D92C6C-36F9-44A0-8119-D6110391CC77.thumb.jpeg.164b298ca7cfd2ecc63bfa5bf9c3cb7d.jpeg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AndrewG said:

Nice job Chris. BTW, the HICAS rubber pipe is not fully seated:

11566294.jpg.a24caf1ed02280cb09fdb22997fc725f.jpg

Thanks Andrew. ? It’s not been clamped up yet (as you see) as I want to give it a flush after I put the cooler rad back on.

• Love 1
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, AndrewG said:

Done the insides?

Not to a satisfactory standard Andrew. I did get a load of muck out but I couldn’t get the angles required, my product left too much residue and my cloth (tampon) left a load of fibre on the glass. 

11 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I haven't been following this but it popped up in my email for some reason tonight and I must say it's very interesting. How did you clean that washer tank?

Hi Jeff

I left it soaking in a few different products (bleach, bicarbonate soda, vanish etc...). Vanish gave the best result.

I also filled the tank half way with cold water and added a fist full of chickpeas to dislodge all the gunk from the inside.

7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Interesting, thanks for the update. Good luck with your project, mine is laid up rotting away nicely, awaiting a rebuild like you're doing. Got the time now, but no money! All the best.

A lot of the work I’m doing at the moment isn’t very expensive, just time consuming. But in fairness my car was perfectly serviceable to start with, just not been as loved over the later years by the previous owner. Pick a small area to work on mate, start a “project thread” and get to work. ?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Be careful when you tap the cogs ‘home’, the plastic carcass could be brittle and may crack if you’re heavy handed.

Using a long reach socket helps, plenty of grease is good also once installed.

15434f78-b3e2-4a12-8834-e89c8c1de6cc_zps2ed1072c.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use