My daughter calls it Toothless the Dragon: My ‘95 TT Z

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I attacked them with a stiff wire wheel, a couple of coats of etching primer and Ford Stratos silver (closest match I could get to the whiteline silver). They were finished with some new decals and

Well it’s been a while!   theres a long a weary story behind why I haven’t posted any updates on the car, which I can’t really go into...   however, I’m in the process of something

So, I can finally show you what’s been going on with my engine! In order to finally rid my set up of its gremlins, and in order to get the BEST possible tune, my engine has gone back to the state

Posted Images

1 hour ago, naz27 said:

Engine dynos FTW! Nice work well done emoji1417.png. What’s the target of your build - track/drift/fast road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s just a fast road build, however I wanted an understressed engine. The engine is built for 1000hp and 8500rpm, but I’ll only be running at 60-70%ish of that power and a lower rpm, so should enable many miles of thrashing without any worries about the components being close to their operational limits 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gaz 300 said:

Haven't a clue what all that means Nick but you know what your doing so good luck mate. 👍

It just continues my ethos of having the best quality work and the best quality map on my engine.... however the proof will be in the pudding.

there may be an opportunity for some interesting testing on the engine aswell, will just have to see if things pan out

Edited by nickz32
  • Like 2
It’s just a fast road build, however I wanted an understressed engine. The engine is built for 1000hp and 8500rpm, but I’ll only be running at 60-70%ish of that power and a lower rpm, so should enable many miles of thrashing without any worries about the components being close to their operational limits 

Under stressed engines always last so long so will be really interesting to see what the final set up is and a build spec list one day.

So what kind of gremlins as an example, were you having with the current set up?

This is all quite interesting to learn really, before I start building my engine!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, naz27 said:

Under stressed engines always last so long so will be really interesting to see what the final set up is and a build spec list one day.

So what kind of gremlins as an example, were you having with the current set up?

This is all quite interesting to learn really, before I start building my engine!

The full engine spec is listed, probably a couple of pages or so back. I don’t know if you have, but it’s worth going through the whole thread, I detail all the finer details of the build, the hows and why’s throughout.

The limiting factor in terms of peak power is the turbos, which I’m fine with because they will give super quick spool and a really wide power band..... it’s still going to be primarily a road car, so peaky top end power is of no real use to me.

There’s a long standing belief  in the engine building world that if you build an engine as you would a high performance NA engine, the benefits are amplified when boosted (rather than just strapping big turbos on a fairly unimproved long block in terms of valvetrain, porting, etc) and that’s what I’ve done with my engine, I’ve specced the long block as highly as I can to maximise what the turbos can deliver.

Edited by nickz32
  • Like 2
On 05/01/2021 at 22:37, nickz32 said:

The full engine spec is listed, probably a couple of pages or so back. I don’t know if you have, but it’s worth going through the whole thread, I detail all the finer details of the build, the hows and why’s throughout.

The limiting factor in terms of peak power is the turbos, which I’m fine with because they will give super quick spool and a really wide power band..... it’s still going to be primarily a road car, so peaky top end power is of no real use to me.

There’s a long standing belief  in the engine building world that if you build an engine as you would a high performance NA engine, the benefits are amplified when boosted (rather than just strapping big turbos on a fairly unimproved long block in terms of valvetrain, porting, etc) and that’s what I’ve done with my engine, I’ve specced the long block as highly as I can to maximise what the turbos can deliver.

Great cheers, I'll have a good read of the build spec then. Yeah agreed top end power no use on the road really, all about response! Keep us posted, looking forward to the updates 👍

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Having scanned back through a fair few pages, it appears that I haven’t written an up to date spec of the car for some time.... so here goes...

Engine spec

88mm CP forged Pistons, Diamondyze anodized black

Saenz Forged Con Rods

King XP main and big end bearings

EP Racing Thermal Barrier Piston Coating

EP Racing High Performance Bearing Coating

EP Racing Billet Crankshaft Cap kit

EP Racing High Capacity baffled Sump v2

ARP main crank and head studs

EP Racing modified crank

EP Racing modified oil pump

BDE oil tree

Improved Racing remote oil filter housing

Dash 10 braided oil lines with AN fittings

Setrab 23 row oil cooler

ATi Super Damper with EPR trigger wheel and Hall Effect sensor

Ross Performance Camshaft Trigger Kit (CAS Elimination kit)

EP Racing “Street” profile CNC Head Port

EPR “street profile” 3 angle CNC cut valve seats.

EPR Genesis 1 camshafts (272 deg 10.1mm lift)

Manley 1mm oversize valves

SuperTech dual coil valve springs and titanium spring retainers

Solid lifters (replaces hydraulic lifters)

Ferrea valve guides

BDE v2 intake VTC pulleys

BDE v2 exhaust pulleys

Power Enterprises Kevlar timing belt

EP Racing belt tensioner

AMS exhaust manifolds - ceramic coated

Z1 GT525 turbos, modified with enlarged wastegate port - ceramic coated

AMS 3in expansion down pipes - ceramic coated

Custom 3” stainless steel exhaust system using Vibrant resonators and silencers and stainless steel V-Bands (yet to be built, but have the parts)

AMS smoked timing covers

Zspec fasteners

WinFactory top feed fuel rail with Injector Dynamics 1050x (1065cc) injectors

2x APEXI air filters

Concept Z Performance 2.5” intercooler piping

Z1 motorsport 2.5” intercoolers

HKS SSQV4 dump valves

TRANSMISSION
SZ segmented flywheel

RPS street max

350Z clutch fork and chromoly pivot

braided 1 piece clutch line

Bronze linkage bushings

FUEL SYSTEM

Dash 8 stainless steel braided fuel lines from tank to rail with AN Fittings

Billet fuel pump hanger

Ti Automotive 525lph fuel pump

TurboSmart FPR2000 fuel pressure regulator

FPCU bypass

ENGINE MANAGEMENT 

Haltech Elite 2000 stand-alone ecu with associated sensors

Haltech WBO2 Wideband controller with associated wideband sensors

Haltech 4 port CAN-BUS module

Haltech 12 position map switch

Haltech 3 bar MAP sensor, boost solenoid and IAT sensor

AEM 150psi fuel pressure and oil pressure sensors

CHASSIS

Varrstoen ES2 wheels (18x9.5J front 18x10.5 rear)

Brembo front and rear calipers w 355mm discs

Braided brake lines

CZP rear subframe locking collars

Power trim front camber arms

Tein front tie rods

NISMO front tension rods

Whiteline Suspension rear camber arms

Whiteline Suspension Anti Roll Bars (front and rear)

BODY

Stillen GTZ front valance

Twins brake ducts

Stone guard finish removed from sills and back bumper and smoothed

Rear arches flared

WinFactory CLS-R spoiler

Carbon fibre scuttle panel

New Nissan roof and door mouldings and rubber seals throughout

Full “glass out” respray in original KH3 Super Black (original colour)

INTERIOR

OMP dished steering wheel

Defi oil/water/boost gauges

Blitz turbo timer.

Edited by nickz32
  • Like 2
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use