Jump to content

My daughter calls it Toothless the Dragon: My ‘95 TT Z


Recommended Posts

I replaced all the T-bolt mikalor clamps, because I bloody HATE them, with genuine High Torque Jubilee clamps. These should clamp more evenly that the t-bolts, and hopefully no more pipes popping off!

ive also fitted a WinFactory hood prop kit, which has done away with the rather antiquated hood prop.

0366AA91-D377-4CA1-B7DD-9295F84FF3C7.jpeg

5B5E4658-A9AA-4093-89BB-78A696788421.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bar coolant, ps fluid, trans oil and installing the battery, she’s all done and ready to fire up    

Another little job done.   I made up a mounting plate for both the oil cooler and the Improved Racing remote filter mount.   This is the “final draft” made with some Ali checker pl

A little glimpse as to what I got up to yesterday   

Posted Images

I’ve also finished the sound deadening across the rear arches, bench seat and inside the doors.

once I topped and tailed that, the replacement early spec carpet and boot carpet went in, as did the seats and trim panels.

 

The dash and centre console are staying out for the time being while I sort the wiring out for the Haltech, map switch and a few other little bits and bobs I want to tidy up under there

4858A7BB-6E93-40EE-8D10-1732C2FC42EE.jpeg

E2F59834-AFED-4D1B-B444-47DA432BFC77.jpeg

927B2965-BEA4-43EA-9872-28547B331132.jpeg

11354B95-E5E0-434C-90D8-52036677C5B8.jpeg

A41AE666-437F-4EEA-9F45-8DCB09CC01CB.jpeg

99F22388-3913-4BB3-A42D-24237661C1A8.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As I’m now using the internal MAP sensor for on the Haltech ELITE, I’ve been able to repurpose the bracket I made for the external map sensor for the Boost Solenoid. I was never happy with how I had it previously mounted down under the brake master cylinder, now this is more accessible in that left hand corner

E910B7E9-2CE4-4A7B-9A7A-8C910A895643.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The new blood for the gearbox turned up this morning.

 

I decided to not to go with the MT90 trend and stick with a brand a know and trust in Motul. I’m yet to come across a product they make that doesn’t live up to expectation, and it’s more widely available than Redlines MT90.

 

the cars is still a little way off moving under its own power, but I’ll report back with how I find it..... although my gearbox as always been smooth and quiet, so I’m not expecting to feel anything different.

3C28734B-C89C-43A1-BB24-DFFB8C5597ED.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Exhaust is now topped and tailed and sitting as good as we can get it.

 

it appears the mistake we initially made was to get the pipes straight and level on the boxes so they measured the same tip to box, tip to tip and parallel to the box itself. However, when they were on the car, they looked to have a droop on the outside tips (as appears to be common with customs quad setups on Z’s).

 

We finalised the welds on the pipework, vbands and hangers and then spent a good few hours getting the tips in the right spot. That’s why on the bottom pic, the tips look wonky

 

 

7A53FCE2-5E01-4E4C-87A6-6AAB0D1CCCBD.jpeg

B6BDE6F8-13FB-4C79-A3D5-AC5448CF38EC.jpeg

A0520316-1227-49FE-A8C7-6BB32A603AED.jpeg

A58DE5CC-30A1-4129-B4B5-852526238A3C.jpeg

Edited by nickz32
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wiring harness all made up for the Haltech.

a friend of mine, who owns Paradox Motorsport, made the loom up for me using tefzel wiring, braiding and all new connectors for my sensors (with tags for each branch of the sub loom) It’s a shame that no ones ever going to see it due to how im routing it

 

 

F89921C6-27C7-4CD2-B902-04A02E436254.jpeg

9007E7D8-4D18-4A0D-BF85-90857B7CCAF1.jpeg

31115580-A46C-4FD3-B4A8-63E1B4A8C7AB.jpeg

438B9CB0-2D87-4E0B-863E-557A52655E0D.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

And another little job out of the way. My balance bar was looking tatty with chipped paint, so I commandeered the green house for a bit of painting. Quite happy with how it came out

 

 

E5A210B2-4EAA-49BE-9A35-396E410B27D0.jpeg

E1F417B2-3939-4DCC-98F7-53E40E18D5E5.jpeg

3F3B4E62-B39C-4729-8D3E-0F99C4DC5729.jpeg

73346C73-97CD-4A84-B3E1-3FAE37FFB522.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use