My daughter calls it Toothless the Dragon: My ‘95 TT Z

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I attacked them with a stiff wire wheel, a couple of coats of etching primer and Ford Stratos silver (closest match I could get to the whiteline silver). They were finished with some new decals and

Well it’s been a while!   theres a long a weary story behind why I haven’t posted any updates on the car, which I can’t really go into...   however, I’m in the process of something

So, I can finally show you what’s been going on with my engine! In order to finally rid my set up of its gremlins, and in order to get the BEST possible tune, my engine has gone back to the state

Posted Images

CSL wing.

Pfff party pooper........... only because I told you weeks ago :P

So after much consideration I decided to buy the spoiler I’ve had my eye on for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES, the WinFactory CSL-R. Despite my best efforts, I haven’t got a decent picture of the spoiler...

5B4D01D0-82F2-4473-9518-6A89231F1076.jpg

But it should look something like this when fitted

A324485A-4DFA-40C2-BB9B-C3258A964FB7.jpeg

As previously mentioned, I like the OEM+ look a lot, and over the years my taste have matured a bit. I liked the “JDM”ness of the bomex wing, but it gave the car a bit of a “boy racer” image when taking the Mrs to nice venues. Something more subtle like this not only gives the rear of the car a much needed rounding off, but gives the overall appearance of a sleek sports car that the general public don’t know what it is. Surprisingly, the Mrs took a fair bit of convincing as she always thought that the Bomex made the Z, well, MY zed. But after explaining the above thought process, she came around the the idea of the CSL wing.

An opportunity presented itself just before Christmas to save myself a considerable amount on postage from the states, but it was very short notice. I trusted my instincts and man maths’ed the hell out of the situation and went for it.

Through no fault of our own, the postage opportunity disappeared, so i had to wait until the Xmas period was over (both FedEx and UPS wanted over EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!!! To post from around the 18th Dec until early jan). I used DHL via a third party agency and managed to get to wing delivered for £160.

Best bit of all, (stand by for aforementioned man maths) I managed to sell my old Bomex high and low level spoiler for more than the Winfactory wing cost me..... so all in all this wing has cost me £140.

Full of Win (factory)

1DDF620C-D256-4EE3-9CC6-9153FCEBE4E9.jpeg

Edited by nickz32
Pfff party pooper........... only because I told you weeks ago :P

Lies!!!

You told me MONTHS ago! In fact, it may even have been years as you first told me about it in 2016! ;)

Sold 10/10/19

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Nick Glad to see you finally got it over here and for a reasonable price too, look forward to seeing it all together.

Mate, it’s no worries at all. Like you said, it’s a good thing that the situation finally got me to commit to buying it.

Anyway, about that OEM+ membership.....

Anyway, about that OEM+ membership.....

Message from the office of compliance and assurance:

“Hi Nick, your application has been received but we need to draft an applicable assessment criteria coding for that particular amendment as it doesn’t currently appear on the OPE regulatory documentation. The details are with the council of the senate and the committee chair will report back and update any legislative procedure alterations as required.”

Dropped into the bodyshop this morning....

9B1A0B93-9EFD-42D7-A69E-206E78AB3E32.jpg

First coat of primer has identified a couple of defects that weren’t previously noticed. They should be easy to sort out before next coat of primer and final prep for base coat of Super Black KH3

Also lined up the WinFactory spoiler. While it fits perfectly across the top and sides, a significant gap is apparent where the bottom edge of the boot is, where the Perspex strip would have lived

12BF747B-8F09-40C6-A59D-C025E7B68099.jpg

Having spoken to Winfactory, this gap is intentional as the spoiler was designed to go over the top of the third brake light panel. A window seal type gasket has been suggested to close that gap, I’m not so sure that’s the best long term option, neither is filling it with filler.

Time for a ponder

56780717-CB96-49CF-819E-DC5386701C10.jpg

Dropped into the bodyshop this morning....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110245[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]110246[/ATTACH]

First coat of primer has identified a couple of defects that weren’t previously noticed. They should be easy to sort out before next coat of primer and final prep for base coat of Super Black KH3

Also lined up the WinFactory spoiler. While it fits perfectly across the top and sides, a significant gap is apparent where the bottom edge of the boot is, where the Perspex strip would have lived

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110247[/ATTACH]

Having spoken to Winfactory, this gap is intentional as the spoiler was designed to go over the top of the third brake light panel. A window seal type gasket has been suggested to close that gap, I’m not so sure that’s the best long term option, neither is filling it with filler.

Time for a ponder

designed to go over the top of the perspex strip?

so you could refit the perspex strip, and paint it black to match the car rather than be perspex, so that it blends in?

It’s more the recess that used to be filled by the strip. Once the spoiler is fitted, you wouldn’t see that recess as it cover it. It’s more that there’s a gap between the recessed part of the boot lid and the inner surface of the wing that you would see once the boot was opened. On top of that, I can imagine it wouldn’t take long for moisture to travel up through that gap and get trappped an the subsequent tin worm. Ideally I’d like to fill the gap and then bond the spoiler to whatever I use to fill it so no moisture can get between the spoiler and boot lid (if that makes sense)

The two boot lid lip trim pieces should cover that gap?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110249[/ATTACH]

Yep, Joely reminded me of that aswell. I knew something didn’t look right, but couldn’t put my finger on it

Bought new ones for mine. Shame I damaged one of the old ones when removing. Both of them ended up going to landfill. I'll see if I have the other one, they're still available new from Nissan but lead time isn't great.

Sold 10/10/19

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bought new ones for mine. Shame I damaged one of the old ones when removing. Both of them ended up going to landfill. I'll see if I have the other one, they're still available new from Nissan but lead time isn't great.

I’ve still got mine, I just completely forgot about their existence. They came off ok apparently so hopefully they’ll do the trick

• 2 weeks later...

Looking great Nick! :)

So nice to see the Z come of age and getting the quality attention to restoring them to high quality that they deserve rather than nailing bits of fibreglass and poo to them in a feeble attempt to try to make it look better.

Good work!

Sold 10/10/19

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking great Nick! :)

So nice to see the Z come of age and getting the quality attention to restoring them to high quality that they deserve rather than nailing bits of fibreglass and poo to them in a feeble attempt to try to make it look better.

Good work!

+1 my plan

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use