My daughter calls it Toothless the Dragon: My ‘95 TT Z

nickz32

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Well the WinFactory CSL-R is on!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110667[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately, as with most after market fibreglass parts, there is a fitment issue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110668[/ATTACH]

As you can just about see, the bottom edge of the spoiler doesn’t follow the curve of the top of the rear lights. Having spoken to WinFactroy, it appears to be a issue when fitting to 2+2 hatches that they haven’t publicised.

Quite how I’m going to rectify this problem I’m not too sure, all I know is today turned into quite an anti-climax

Ive always wanted one of these spoilers, shame there's a fitment issue. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost to buy & ship it?

That’s very kind mate, but there’s already another Z there with it’s Oe spoiler off waiting to be refitted

- - - Updated - - -

Ive always wanted one of these spoilers, shame there's a fitment issue. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost to buy & ship it?

The spoiler itself was $380, shipping was £220

Small update.

Glass went back in today. For the first time in my 10 year ownership of this car, I won’t have tinted windows. Looks odd!

25E4AD42-8E0F-4EB5-9B74-B579B2BF25DE.jpg

As you can see in the second pic, and my other recent thread, I’ve had to source a new set of doors. During the strip down stage we found the only gremlin I wasn’t aware of. The bottom of both the drivers and passenger doors were suffering with tin worm issues

BCE4F1C5-CE8D-4381-827E-7CC5AF294CB5.jpg

This doesn’t seem to be a known rot place for the Z, but I can only assume this has occurred during the 3 years the car was off the road and stored outside under a cover. Initially it just looked like it was the outer door skin where it folds over onto the frame. But once they began cutting the rot away it became apparent that it wasn’t economically viable to repair these doors. Bugger

I sourced a new set of doors off FB which were in very good condition. The only downside is that I’ve now lost the side impact bars that were fitted to my original doors #weightsaving

Nose panel, targas and wing mirrors were in the process of being painted when I popped in. It’s looking on course for all the painting to be finished this week and the final stages of the job (panel alignment, wet sand, polish) should take place next week.

The potential for it to be back on the road by the end of the month is becoming apparent

74EA9859-0E94-49AC-915B-3CD6688EBC45.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well after the mayhem the weather caused, managed to pop over to the bodyshop. And I’m pleased to say the CSL wing fitment issues have been sorted.

After lots of little cuts, flexing, re fibreglassing, filling and shaping, it now sits as it should

57C0D80C-AAC3-44F8-A2D7-20ABD56E8E29.jpg

The underside of the wing now has a bit more of a wave like curve to it, so technically it’s now a custom wing, but I’m happy with how it now sits.

Bumpers are prepped and primed (forgot to grab a pic as was short on time) but it’s getting there.....

***EDIT***

Appears I forgot to post about the doors!

So I managed to source a set of mint replacement doors. They were red, but they were always going to be completely stripped back to make sure they were spot on.

I spent a day stripping the windows, rails, loom etc and putting them into the newly painted doors, so at least she looked a little more complete now (if a little dusty)

63DEDB4D-EF02-4B48-9EDB-2BEB154F8764.jpg

Edited by nickz32

• 2 weeks later...

Popped in today to fit my new RUCA’s. I’d decided to rid the rear end of the hateful Rose joints, so went for a set of WhiteLine RUCA’s as they use whitelines more pliant poly (black) bush vs their “race spec” poly bush (yellow)

D5D5E40B-7987-4B3F-9387-E075925D9834.jpg

Finally, all the painting is sorted. The back bumper was back on and the front bumper is done bar the moustache, which will be satin black

D55F2090-5ED3-465B-A069-E26962D77FA1.jpg

The wet sanding has also started, so well and truly on the home straight now!

A2B199FE-7778-4B46-A645-26E96F73128F.jpg

Returned to the bodyshop today to help with some wet sanding and compounding. Super excited now!

1B8884E8-2E46-4633-9BC7-85E4EE01846C.jpg

All being well, I’m collecting her on Thursday.

Hopefully I can get her in for its new exhaust and final mapping in the coming weeks

1EAB9F46-B943-4023-8B72-BDFDDC014430.jpg

3C06E021-D466-468D-B9BE-E4435856A59B.jpg

Well I was supposed to pick up he Z today, however fate suggested otherwise

A couple of days ago a very very careless eurocarparts driver parked next to the Z while it was out in the yard and opened his door onto my Z, marking and denting the passenger side door right in the middle of the panel. As you can imagine, neither the bodyshop or I were best impressed.

So, today the Z went back into the spray booth to have the door repaired and repainted.

A653A678-34B9-442C-A278-F00503B277FD.jpg

After the baking process I decided to make use of the warmth and fit the OE Upper windscreen moulding (the one the windscreen company used was hideous). Annoyingly this is where we noticed the windscreen wasn’t sitting and flat as it should be and sits proud of the side moulding runners on the top left corner of the screen. There’s only one way to fix this, and that’s windscreen out yet again (hopefully for free).

On a positive note, the Z should be ready for collection tomorrow and off for mapping on Monday