• Stay in the European Community
    • Leave the European Community

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's it. Our rights as citizens taken away by the privileged elite so they can pay less tax. And the removal of the rights of 3+million fellow citizens without democracy. There is a fundamental (Bri

🤣🤣🤣🤣   The EU has a far better chance of survival than the UK's economy. Throw your biggest trading partner down the toilet in favour of blue passports and regressive sovereignty! We want ou

Posted Images

Still gotta get that deal through Parliament Gary, in a minority government when the prop (the DUP) are apposed your plan.

Expect to see terms written by Labour to support it on the terms of a second referendum, or to vote it down and put in the no confidence vote. Labour will do whatever they can to trigger a general election, national interest be damned.

Under the FTPA Labour are doing everything they can to stop a general election. Twice the HOC has been

asked to vote for a GE and refused.

I believe Labour know they would lose a GE especially with Corbyn in charge.

Under the FTPA Labour are doing everything they can to stop a general election. Twice the HOC has been

asked to vote for a GE and refused.

That’s the official line yeah, I think the reality is different. Boris has deliberately tried and failed so far, to trigger that process because he knows he needs a smaller win than May got to gain a majority. Labour are also aware of this, they’re also aware the most likely outcome of a GE is a hung Parliament, so they would have to make a deal with someone, all this fence sitting they’ve done of being the official party of Brexit/Remain depending on what they think you’d like to hear has really turned voters on to them.

- - - Updated - - -

*Has not really turned voters on.

• 3 months later...

That's it. Our rights as citizens taken away by the privileged elite so they can pay less tax. And the removal of the rights of 3+million fellow citizens without democracy. There is a fundamental (British, common law) principle that changes to the law must not and cannot apply retrospectively. They just drove a coach and horses through that by conning 52% of the UK residents allowed to vote. A sad day for these islands, for law, for democracy and for Europe. For me, thank **** my family is from London/Derry so I'm now still European and (now officially) Irish. Cead Mille Failte.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Z#4 from Aug 19. Cocoa Bronze Metallic convertible '92 NA Manual SWB. 948940.png
Z#3 from May 11: '99 S6 Version S NA Auto 2+2 Silver'
Z#2 great daily driver for nearly 4 years '93 S3 NA Auto 2+2 Blue'
Z#1 fast and silver '90 S1 TT Manual. Officially faster than Clarkson.'
First Zed bought 4 Aug 1999. 25 March 2019 hit 250,000 miles of Zedding in 3 Zeds since then.

Ye Gods. I should have learnt by now ? 

Mike the UK will do great things now the shackles of Europe have been removed. My fear is the EU will now fail without the massif money we were pumping into it.

• Love 1
  • 7 months later...
On 23/09/2020 at 17:22, Pebkau said:

Just popped back on for a mooch this makes really interesting reading now,

And of course hi folks

As expected, it's nothing but a shower of shite and an utter waste of time. Completely and utterly pointless leaving the EU for the UK, even more nonsensical especially at the moment with everything which is going on. There was never a good time for Brexit, but this is about the absolute worst.

• Like 1

Sold 10/10/19

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, Funkysi said:

As expected, it's nothing but a shower of shite and an utter waste of time. Completely and utterly pointless leaving the EU for the UK, even more nonsensical especially at the moment with everything which is going on. There was never a good time for Brexit, but this is about the absolute worst.

Couldn't agree more Si. Don't forget though when Boris walks away in October with his "Australia" deal ( which is cover up speak for NO deal) we will have our sovereignty back and all the fishing rights (would be handy if we had a fishing fleet).

On the bright side our truckers, for the cost of the slight inconvenience of buying a special passport to get into Kent, will be able to enjoy a 2 day break with 6999 of their best mates whilst waiting at customs.

My prediction right now is in the first quarter of 2021 Boris will resign citing health issues. He will say he hung on long enough to get it past the post, but due to the long lasting effects of Coronavirus he is not fit enough to continue. He will then walk away from the apocalyptic recession he has caused leaving some other poor sod to watch the conservatives flounder until they lose the next general election.

Right there you go I've poked the bear.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, TonyB said:

I think that within 3 years there won't be an EU to leave

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

🤣🤣🤣🤣

The EU has a far better chance of survival than the UK's economy. Throw your biggest trading partner down the toilet in favour of blue passports and regressive sovereignty! We want our country back! It was never lost it in the first place. The UK is the spoilt brat of Europe (it almost always go its way anyway) selfishly wanting to 'go it alone' in a selfish display of self centred bullshit expecting to get amazing trade agreements from all and sundry. These new trade agreements are all bullshit and nothing more than a drop in the ocean and trying to carry on with this charade with what's going on in the wider world now is truly nonsensical.

'EU Politicians are all corrupt' I hear you cry, well news to you, UK's politicians are far more corrupt and far more incompetent....and always have been!

Economic and cultural suicide leaving the EU, regressive and utterly pointless. I still can't get my head why we're going down the muddy shit infested road and how we got to this state, it defies logic and reason. EU is not the polished article, it never has been, it's a constantly evolving animals, throwing the towel is is NOT the answer.

I'm ashamed and embarrassed to be British at the moment. Brexit is not the selfless British way, it's moronic.

There isn't a single good reason to leave it. Our backfoot is gone, our insurance policy is gone, teamwork is gone, relationships severed and all for what; the square root of bugger-all, I tell you what it's created, a headache, grief and a nightmare.....what were we expecting!? 🤣

Edited by Funkysi
  • Like 2

Sold 10/10/19

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't want to go over old ground but just to say the ECJ doesn't have any judges and all deisin makers are are not elected, they are all appointed. What is democratic about that? And when coving first struck they all closed closed borders and looked after their own. Italy had no help and that is why they will be the next to go.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

None of that affects the everyman and is such a miniscule point it doesn't matter.

The UK closed its borders too!!! 🤣 I mean it's not like that's an everyday occurance, it's a once in a lifetime thing - it is of no concern.

Sold 10/10/19

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Germany and France gave their national airlines billions of euros in support during corona virus against EU rules and then they have the bvloody cheek to say we cant give British companies state support to gain an unfair advantage

The EU has a far better chance of survival than the UK's economy. Throw your biggest trading partner down the toilet in favour of blue passports and regressive sovereignty! We want our country back! It was never lost it in the first place. The UK is the spoilt brat of Europe (it almost always go its way anyway) selfishly wanting to 'go it alone' in a selfish display of self centred bullshit expecting to get amazing trade agreements from all and sundry. These new trade agreements are all bullshit and nothing more than a drop in the ocean and trying to carry on with this charade with what's going on in the wider world now is truly nonsensical.

'EU Politicians are all corrupt' I hear you cry, well news to you, UK's politicians are far more corrupt and far more incompetent....and always have been!

Economic and cultural suicide leaving the EU, regressive and utterly pointless. I still can't get my head why we're going down the muddy shit infested road and how we got to this state, it defies logic and reason. EU is not the polished article, it never has been, it's a constantly evolving animals, throwing the towel is is NOT the answer.

I'm ashamed and embarrassed to be British at the moment. Brexit is not the selfless British way, it's moronic.

There isn't a single good reason to leave it. Our backfoot is gone, our insurance policy is gone, teamwork is gone, relationships severed and all for what; the square root of bugger-all, I tell you what it's created, a headache, grief and a nightmare.....what were we expecting!?

Well I’m glad someone out there shares my views and has an ounce of intelligence . Well said, well said . Now let’s go and hunt that absolute c**t Nigel Farage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, TonyB said:

Germany and France gave their national airlines billions of euros in support during corona virus against EU rules and then they have the bvloody cheek to say we cant give British companies state support to gain an unfair advantage

That's because they still own thier own airlines unlike us who sold it to the Spanish. Dartford bridge is owned by the French, half of Newhaven in Sussex is owned by the French. We keep letting money hungry Tory's sell off our countries assets and then moan the country has no money. Look at the Shetlands they saved all their oil money and only used the interest, now they have amazing facilities, residents get a dividend and they still only use the interest. Thatcher spunked our cash on specials business deals with other Tory croneys. 

We will be the ones going cap in hand back to the EU because we screwed it up. This virus will just make it happen quicker as the economy is already in the tank and we can't ask the EU for help anymore.... Commence debate! 😆

• Like 2
That's because they still own thier own airlines unlike us who sold it to the Spanish. Dartford bridge is owned by the French, half of Newhaven in Sussex is owned by the French. We keep letting money hungry Tory's sell off our countries assets and then moan the country has no money. Look at the Shetlands they saved all their oil money and only used the interest, now they have amazing facilities, residents get a dividend and they still only use the interest. Thatcher spunked our cash on specials business deals with other Tory croneys. 
We will be the ones going cap in hand back to the EU because we screwed it up. This virus will just make it happen quicker as the economy is already in the tank and we can't ask the EU for help anymore.... Commence debate!

I always thought what if that devil thatcher actually reinvested into all our British car companies, we could have been a great balance of payments surplus I.e selling more British high value goods than buying/importing so essentially be a great economic superpower like Germany. And of course applying that same theory onto all other sectors but instead no they sell everything off to line their pockets, and the public just ignore/accept it. They think it’s going to benefit them but in actual fact it benefits the top 1%, which we most definitely are not!! Corruption is rife in British politics, like the companies they did deals with for the Covid crisis, but the only difference between the east and west, is the west carry out corruption in the shadows without the public fully knowing, and the east just do it in plain daylight with the public watching.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, naz27 said:

I always thought what if that devil thatcher actually reinvested into all our British car companies, we could have been a great balance of payments surplus I.e selling more British high value goods than buying/importing so essentially be a great economic superpower like Germany. And of course applying that same theory onto all other sectors but instead no they sell everything off to line their pockets, and the public just ignore/accept it. They think it’s going to benefit them but in actual fact it benefits the top 1%, which we most definitely are not!! Corruption is rife in British politics, like the companies they did deals with for the Covid crisis, but the only difference between the east and west, is the west carry out corruption in the shadows without the public fully knowing, and the east just do it in plain daylight with the public watching.

Completely agree, look at this pandemic, three reported cases of PPE contracts being given to ministers or ministers friends companies without the proper procedure, in one case a company that had never dealt with PPE in its life. Or the ferry company that didn't own any ferry's.... These are just ones that we know about....bring on the Keir I say...

• Like 1
Completely agree, look at this pandemic, three reported cases of PPE contracts being given to ministers or ministers friends companies without the proper procedure, in one case a company that had never dealt with PPE in its life. Or the ferry company that didn't own any ferry's.... These are just ones that we know about....bring on the Keir I say...

Yeah I saw all that, there were perfectly capable and experienced British smaller companies, who were refused the chance to bid, just so the govt could hand the contract to their friend/relative, and get a gargantuan thank you brown envelope under the table. I wasn’t at all surprised when that all came out tbh, it wasn’t a question of it happened, it was a question of how big of a scale it happened at.

If you watch when Keir talks, I love how he puts down and outsmarts all the idiotic BS comments Boris makes, and whilst doing so, he indirectly humiliates him. All done with class. Not in a shouty, directly humiliating or look at me way like boris/trump do. Love it!!!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TheRealNips said:

We will be the ones going cap in hand back to the EU because we screwed it up. This virus will just make it happen quicker as the economy is already in the tank and we can't ask the EU for help anymore.... Commence debate! 😆

Exactly this!

Sold 10/10/19

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]