Stay in Europe or get out  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Stay in Europe or get out

• Stay in the European Community
    • Leave the European Community

4 hours ago, TheRealNips said:

We will be the ones going cap in hand back to the EU because we screwed it up. This virus will just make it happen quicker as the economy is already in the tank and we can't ask the EU for help anymore.... Commence debate! 😆

Totally agree within 5 years there will be conversations about re joining, referendums and the advantages of being a common market. Within 10 years we will be re applying to join. Hands up all those who think we will get as good a deal as we had!

The way I see it, there are currently only 2 possible outcomes for 2021 with regards to Europe.

Boris sticks to his guns we walk away without a deal, he is then forced to break the signed treaty and international law with regards to Ireland. This will result in a hard border between the Irelands as Europe will not allow free movement of goods and people from a third country. The knock on effect is the impact on the Good Friday agreement, resulting in, as has already been stated, America refusing to negotiate a trade deal with the UK. So we will have stuck 2 fingers up at the biggest trading block in the world and on the way out stuck two fingers up at the biggest economy in the world. We currently flip flop with France for 5th or 6th largest economy in this scenario I can see us dropping to 9th or 10th due to the lack of frictionless trade. 

Option 2, Boris realises at the last moment his game of bluff cannot work, the only real card we hold is the fishing rights which are no good to us but could cause up to 1/3 of European boats operating in our waters to go out of business ( I can only surmise how popular that will make us). If this is the case the way forward is to capitulate and accept what the EU is offering. We will become a satellite state abiding by their policies and rules, but with access to the benefits of the common market. At this point not only will Boris have thrown away our position and power within the EU, but he will also have failed to deliver any of his promises about leaving. We will truly be all bark and no bite. This unfortunately for our economy is now the least worst option.

Neither way is a good way, but we have played Russian roulette with our economy and at each twist and turn Boris has put another bullet in the chamber and just keeps pulling the trigger denying that the inevitable will happen,

Well its here folks so best of luck as they say

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's it. Our rights as citizens taken away by the privileged elite so they can pay less tax. And the removal of the rights of 3+million fellow citizens without democracy. There is a fundamental (Bri

🤣🤣🤣🤣   The EU has a far better chance of survival than the UK's economy. Throw your biggest trading partner down the toilet in favour of blue passports and regressive sovereignty! We want ou

Posted Images

Guys, I hate to be an onion in the ointment, but this is a car club, not a political forum.......😉

I have no issue with political debate - and will defend to the death, everyone's right to voice their opinion. But to balance the recent comments - and without voicing my personal opinion on the EU- fact is, the majority of people voted for brexit. Both in the referendum and in this very poll.... So any suggestions that the brexiteers are in some way less intelligent to the remainers is a little insulting to 67.74% of our members - if this poll result was extrapolated.

• Like 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

11 hours ago, RichardS said:

Guys, I hate to be an onion in the ointment, but this is a car club, not a political forum.......😉

I have no issue with political debate - and will defend to the death, everyone's right to voice their opinion. But to balance the recent comments - and without voicing my personal opinion on the EU- fact is, the majority of people voted for brexit. Both in the referendum and in this very poll.... So any suggestions that the brexiteers are in some way less intelligent to the remainers is a little insulting to 67.74% of our members - if this poll result was extrapolated.

Yes, you are right, Appologies if offense was taken by any comments on either side of the argument. Does show how polarising this debate still is though!

A lot of posts on here too much to catch up on now

Gets more attention than the average Zed post

Interesting to see people’s views though you get a real feel for the type of person they are or maybe just their view from where they lay their head at night it makes a big difference.

For me I’m out it’s a matter of national security for a start something which I have awareness of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, I hate to be an onion in the ointment, but this is a car club, not a political forum.......

Yep fair enough Richard, my bad. Always go too far when it comes to politics, so usually try and stay out of it these days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, RichardS said:

Many apologies as well if I've offended anyone. Never my intention, but I do like a good debate and I am genuinely interested in other peoples point of view. In my defence I did post in the non Zed discussion bit :D

Kind regards to all and I have found myself looking a Zeds again recently so you never know lol

• Love 1
On 26/09/2020 at 10:22, phutumsch said:

7E87D158-D311-4617-975F-43AFE53AAE73.jpeg

LOL - and no worries guys.... Most of us know it's harmless banter - each to their own opinion I say, life would be boring as hell if everyone thought the same way😎

But Pebkau, you need to get yourself back in a Zed mate....😁

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2: