300ZX feature Project On Tavarish's Wrench Everyday Youtube Channel

Hey everyone, I thought you all might get a kick out this abomination 300ZX which is going to be featured on

"Wrench Everyday"'s YouTube channel.

Anyways if you want to know the short of the video, a YouTuber named Tavarish who has a few project cars he features rebuilds on, including a

a
and a
just to know a few, has just purchased for his second more budget friendly YouTube channel "Wrenches Everyday" a sad looking 300zx with a twist, its a VH45 powered 300zx but this car is a total mess, the original owner sold the car for $1500 USD as an unfinished project car which the owner was planning to install a diesel turbo onto his VH45 swap and then make a custom exhaust system exit through the rear center panel. The interior is shocking with a mess of of under-dash wiring loom hack job and the heater core system moved to the boot so he could fit the turbo as well as the rad support panel that has be cut to allow the radiator to fit, its pretty depressing to be honest in my mind anyways.

I've seen Tavarish's earlier videos regarding the lambo and ferrari builds which I have found interesting to watch and see some of the problems these expensive car have he has to fix. and I'm hoping he can bring this car back to a more decent state and maybe put the 300zx on the YouTube map for a little bit and help motive me to keep working on my own Z for the time being.

If you watched the video what do you guys think of this poor Z the original owner needs to be shot that is for sure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Episode 4 Is Now Live

Looks like Earl (first Z) is now no more, due to the long list of issues the car has the guys decided turn earl into a parts car. But the guys have brought a new Z this time a 2+0 NA and this one may be more original then the first Z but damn its still a pretty rough example. Hopefully they can turn this new Z into something decent.

Episode 5 Is Now Live:)

The guys take a good look at the new Earl 2.0 and see exactly what condition this new Z is in. After attempting to start the car several times to no avail the guys pushed the car into position and got it up onto the lift where they found a few goodies including an unusual rusty but custom made cat back exhaust system and a decent sized rust hole under the battery tray.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Episode 7 is Live

After a long break, the guys have jump straight back into the Z project and this time they are installing a new wide body kit custom made by "pakmanz" to Earl 2.0. Though I have never heard of this famous Z person from over here in AUS, the body kit he has designed its pretty decent compared to some of the others I've seen over the years.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Episode 8 is Live

So for the first time we have 2 videos in 2 days and in this episode the guys are installing the rear qauter panel and side skirt addons for the wide body kit. Some fabrication was required to the wheel weels to to make the kit fit properly. Next episode the guys plan to do more mechanical work with the VH45 engine and maybe install it into the earl leeker.
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Episode 10 is Live

Its a sad day for me on this episode Earl Leeker is getting his OEM VG30DE engine pulled so a crappy 2JZ motor can be dropped in all in the name of Horse Power:(. Apparantly the guys think the VG30 isn't ecomonical enough to produce the power they want for this build. Sigh

The only positive that I found out of this episode was the fact the guys plan to tear down the VG30DE engine down in a future episode and show us all the parts of an engine.
  • 4 weeks later...
Episode 11 is Live

In this episode the guys are test fitting the 2JZ engine into Earl Leeker's engine bay. Once inside the bay they can work out how the engine will need to be bolted into place in the Z's engine bay.

Due to the 2JZ's longer block size, the engine sits way to far forward for the Z32's bay and so the guys plan to modify the bar alittle to make it reassembling the front of the engine possible and also use the rusted hole in the RH side wheel well as way to route the exhaust system out the side of the car.
Episode 12 is Live

The guys give the 2JZ engine a little bit of maintenance removing the top of the engine and checking things like the value seals and so forth. Once the engine is all back together we can get a sneak peek at the final engine layout in the bay which has also been slightly modified to make working on the engine in the future possible.