• 2 weeks later...

Good info Chris. We have a Whirlpool dryer which started to leak water and we got an engineer out under our appliance insurance who fixed it but ours is still one of the machines that need recalled.We have been in touch with them so just a waiting game to see what they are going to do.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just a reminder to check your filters on tumble dryers. ?B3C548E8-E71D-4A8C-8162-20A63EC66036.thumb.jpeg.817b977d88fa9f7941166d0ae7e29a7f.jpeg

And here’s a great picture showing how effective closing doors around the house, especially at night when you’re asleep, is at suppressing fire spread.

F75EA6F5-796B-41BB-807C-D48DACF16B92.jpeg.562cf83e6c2567cd6f8e0cdb48d0c12e.jpeg

Happy new year, stay safe and check you smoke alarms. ?

• WoW 3

I don’t work on white goods for a living but it’s not too far out my day job. I’ve fixed a few things over the years as they break at home. I always find myself taking them apart and thinking they’re badly designed. 
When the utility room fridge (kept bait and bulk stuff in it) went pop on the breaker one evening I isolated it and had a look. It turned out that the condenser has a drip tray on top that the condensation leaks onto, the idea being the heat of it evaporates the water. Now condensate is corrosive and the evaporation dish is steel, you can now guess why it had tripped out. I assumed this crap design was, you know an anomaly and that other companies do it better, nope. Mental really and obviously it’s located somewhere you wouldn’t/couldn’t look without pulling the damn thing out. 
White goods suck. Clearly with the issues above better design regs are required. Most of them mix water and electrics. 

On 02/01/2021 at 10:57, Gaz 300 said:

Wow glad it was contained to the one room Chris and you are all ok.

Thanks Gaz, thankfully not my house but a job we attended on New Year’s Eve. Everyone was ok with one person and a dog rescued from the balcony. ?

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Chris300 said:

Thanks Gaz, thankfully not my house but a job we attended on New Year’s Eve. Everyone was ok with one person and a dog rescued from the balcony. ?

That's good news Chris!

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2: