Aftermarket Alarm/Immobiler problem - cant start car

So I have this stupid aftermarket alarm/immobiliser system on my Z, had it when I bought it

I attempted to start car after sitting for a bit and primed the ignition with the button on the fob as usual, lights came on dash as normal and car failed to start due to low battery, so I removed battery and charged up in house

put battery back on and went to start car, turned key and pressed button on fob to "prime" ignition, usually you wait about 5 seconds and all the dash lights up and start car, however now nothing happens so I presume something has triggered the alarm to immobilise the ignition

this has never happened before in my history of ownership (since 2016) and I have had dead battery's / had to jumpstart / removed battery before etc

no idea what make it is, see pics of fob and the light/keyhole

The alarm still locks and unlocks the doors with the key in the off position in ignition barrel so its all working

I have checked ignition related fuses relays etc all are fine

Anyone got experience with this sort of problem? car is a dead duck on my drive now

IMG_20200126_1015378.jpg

IMG_20200126_1015467.jpg

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 1 month later...