This sums up the state of the country

To be fair, if they spent more time listening to the bloke in charge, doing daily press conferences and the updates on the official government site, they’d still not have all the answers but they be a damned site less confused than if they keep reading the Mirror and the Sun. 

I’ve had some one tell me, “it’s ok, we don’t have to pay our mortgages.” I asked where they heard that, “sky news” they replied. I asked if they had actually looked at what their bank says... “no” 
People are stock piling because “Italy’s closed” they haven’t looked into enough to realise that they can still get food and it’s unnecessary to freeze half of Hovis’ delivery. The guy in Tesco (in reference to the lack of bread yesterday) told me, “we have got bread, the lorry is late, if you can wait 10 minutes the shelves will be full” 

• Like 2

People are idiots. We have cultivated a country of un-educated people with no common sense. If everyone had gone out in the first place and only bought 3 of everything, this wouldnt have been a problem. Now older people are stuck at home with no way to get to the shops that are all empty anyway. People should be ashamed. I have made a point of going to the supermarket every time I need food (about every third day) and only filling a basket. Its been interesting actually, ive been trying so many new products and finding myself cooking stuff at home I wouldnt normally try to cook. Ive lost 3kg of weight so far and am a lot healthier!

If people had started avoiding each other from day one, wearing masks and sanitising themselves all the time, we wouldnt be in this situation. If people had avoided bars and pubs, shopping centres and mcDonalds they probably wouldnt have had to shut as a gentle stream of customers waiting sensibly outside is better than closing and firing staff.

In all honestly I blame the tabloids for most of this. Scaring people with "herd immunity", mudding the water with "self-isolation" and "social distancing"!. Why not explain it to people: Social distancing is where people go about normal life, they go to work and the shops, but they stay more than 2m away from people and dont come into contact with people for more than 5 minutes, they dont have the virus, but avoid people to stop it spreading as people can be carriers but not infected. Self-isolation should be called "quarantine", people are not allowed out into public because they possibly have the virus, someone they know possibly has the virus or they are vulnerable for whatever reason.

Lastly; all this money that is being pumped into the economy to keep it running and to pay for airlines, trains, bar workers etc is great and seems amazing and helpful, but just remember we will be paying it back in our taxes eventually. i hope we will all be ready for a massive tax bill at the end ?

Stay safe people and please look after your neighbours if they need it...

?

• Like 2
11 hours ago, TheRealNips said:

People are idiots. We have cultivated a country of un-educated people with no common sense. If everyone had gone out in the first place and only bought 3 of everything, this wouldnt have been a problem. Now older people are stuck at home with no way to get to the shops that are all empty anyway. People should be ashamed. I have made a point of going to the supermarket every time I need food (about every third day) and only filling a basket. Its been interesting actually, ive been trying so many new products and finding myself cooking stuff at home I wouldnt normally try to cook. Ive lost 3kg of weight so far and am a lot healthier!

If people had started avoiding each other from day one, wearing masks and sanitising themselves all the time, we wouldnt be in this situation. If people had avoided bars and pubs, shopping centres and mcDonalds they probably wouldnt have had to shut as a gentle stream of customers waiting sensibly outside is better than closing and firing staff.

In all honestly I blame the tabloids for most of this. Scaring people with "herd immunity", mudding the water with "self-isolation" and "social distancing"!. Why not explain it to people: Social distancing is where people go about normal life, they go to work and the shops, but they stay more than 2m away from people and dont come into contact with people for more than 5 minutes, they dont have the virus, but avoid people to stop it spreading as people can be carriers but not infected. Self-isolation should be called "quarantine", people are not allowed out into public because they possibly have the virus, someone they know possibly has the virus or they are vulnerable for whatever reason.

Lastly; all this money that is being pumped into the economy to keep it running and to pay for airlines, trains, bar workers etc is great and seems amazing and helpful, but just remember we will be paying it back in our taxes eventually. i hope we will all be ready for a massive tax bill at the end ?

Stay safe people and please look after your neighbours if they need it...

?

I have nothing more to say - you have said it all mate.... You're dead right!!

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

8 minutes ago, TonyB said:

Agreed Why do so many young people think they are invincable

Probably two reasons Tony. 
Firstly some segments of the media are presenting (or have been) this to be the case, that for the young it’s simply a cold. 
Secondly, it’s easier to bury your head in the sand and pretend (till now) that it’s all hysterical nonsense and that the first point is prime. 

In short, fear, misinformed arrogance and bluster. 

Day 2 of home schooling my children

2 children have been expelled for fighting

1 teacher has been dismissed for drinking during school hours

where the fuck is the crossing guard

and who knew - the dog actually does eat homework!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

next time round can we have a virus that attacks morons and leaves the old and those with underlying conditions alone, might make the world a much brighter place. At the very least we might be able to get some bog role.

On a more serious note did you see that all buckfast production has stopped. My area of scotland is in its second full day of mourning.