300ZX TT - A18GCK

Raja93

Thanks so much all, couldn’t have got all of this engine and bodywork done so quickly without all the info available on this forum, and advice I’ve had from various members 🙂❤️

Have read and reread quite a few build threads on here to steer me in the right direction, particularly for the engine work.

Feel quite lucky in regards to timing, as currently we all know who the best in the business are for engine work, bodywork and tuning. There was a time not too long ago when there were crooked mechanics and tuners ruining our cars, without many people being aware how bad they really were. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The shell was sanded today with various grit and polished. The panels were left off and being finished whilst off the car, to avoid polish getting stuck in the gaps and shuts. He used three different compounds, followed by one hand polish once all the panels are refitted. 

Shame the light was a bit off today and cloudy outdoors, so couldn't quite capture the finish. I did some screen shots of the videos he sent, which show the paint much better than the pictures do.

She looks pretty good nude! 🤣

Edited by Raja93
  • Like 1

On 28/04/2022 at 21:36, Raja93 said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pop the doors and boot back on, stick engine in and you will be already for my road trip in june!

• Like 1

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

Pop the doors and boot back on, stick engine in and you will be already for my road trip in june!

Haha sorry mate, but with the tuning as well, it’s expected to be back on the road for early to mid August. Real shame that I’ve missed most of summer by then .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

All the small bits and pieces have been completed this week.

These photos are all pre polishing so the real deep shine is yet to come 😍.

Lots more progress today - photos to follow. Interesting about the door handles, mine, as a lot seem to do, the handles themselves bend over age I believe, which causes them to scrape the inner top of the handle frames. Shame I don't have photos, but there were horrible scraping marks on them. The bodyshop file the area above the handle itself, to stop this ever happening again. If not done, then with new thick paint, they're bound to scrape again and ruin the new finishes. Shame they still haven't had a sunny day to get the car out for some photos! 

Works still on track for completion at the end of May hurray 😃

Edited by Raja93
  • Like 3

It does look stunning.

• Like 1

2002 Porsche C2 996 3.6 😎 🤘 
1991 Nissan 300zx TT Project

1995 Nissan 300zx TT Crashed 😭

1997 Jaguar XK8 Scraped ☹️

A few more teaser pics

I was going to put the heat insulation back onto the bonnet, but mine has split on the edges so looks crap. When I was buying the new body trims and rubbers from Japan, I looked up the new cost of the bonnet insulator. Including the high shipping cost due to the size of it, the total came to £1k so I ditched that idea immediately!!

After hearing from the bodyshop that he’s never had issues with the bonnet paint, after leaving insulators off his own cars, I’ll just leave mine off. Also would love to have that shine exposed, however difficult it might be to keep clean!!

Can finally see some of the shine now, as previous pics have been on cloudy days.

IMG_2232.jpgIMG_2244.jpgIMG_2245.jpg
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Times flown by - will be ready for collection in just over a week!

Looking much more like a car now. Windscreens and rear quarter windows going back in tomorrow. They mentioned how fantastic the doors feel to close now, with the new targa rubbers, a nice tight fit. Can’t wait to have properly sealing targa rubbers.

Rear lights polished up nicely

Very happy they repainted the brake booster and wiper arms (they did some of their personal cars arms too hence why there’s 4 in the pic!).

• Like 2