300ZX TT - A18GCK

Raja93

In a surprising turn of events I got an email from driftworks saying my wheels have been made and are about to be shipped hurrah!! They should be with me by next Monday close of play - will get it booked into tyre shop Tuesday and take plenty of pics to share with you all.

Wheels have only taken 1 week to make but they said it would be 2-3 weeks. It must be because of the lack of demand due to current global situation. I’ve been jumping up and down for the past hour now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
1 hour ago, naz27 said:

In a surprising turn of events I got an email from driftworks saying my wheels have been made and are about to be shipped hurrah!! They should be with me by next Monday close of play - will get it booked into tyre shop Tuesday and take plenty of pics to share with you all.

Wheels have only taken 1 week to make but they said it would be 2-3 weeks. It must be because of the lack of demand due to current global situation. I’ve been jumping up and down for the past hour now emoji38.pngemoji16.pngemoji3.png

Great news mate. 

• Like 1

Absolutely loving this build and the attention to detail, following.

Haha cheers mate, much appreciated . Trying my best to make my car as good as yours and some of the other forum members cars! Oem+ is the target , then more power in the long term.

Gave her a good clean today, applied another coat of AG vinyl and rubber gel
and a second coat of bilt hamber double speed wax since I bought her as I always found layering up on wax improves the paint loads.

Will keep you guys updated on progress.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_5366.jpgIMG_5363.jpgIMG_5389.jpgAdjustments.jpgIMG_5384.jpgIMG_5383.jpg
  • Like 5

Still feels like my baby lol

If your after more power then new turbos for sure, that is still the original turbos, unless Oli had them changed?

Haha I know how you feel - a guy who bought my first car lives near by and see it all the time.

For now the cars plenty fast - still original turbos. Ollie had it remapped to 390bhp with upgraded injectors and twin maf’s and other small bits. This is my 3rd car and the fastest car I’ve ever had so I got to improve my driver skill first. When I’m bored of the power I’ll probs get it rebuilt at powerzed and go for 500bhp or so .

• Like 1

Right so after getting my diff swapped for a replacement 2 weeks ago, I was waiting for my wheels which turned up a day late yesterday, but glad they turned up!

Waxed them inside and out yesterday before they were on the car and put them on today at the tyre shop along with a four wheel laser alignment. Fitted a set of Michelin pilot sport 4’s to the fronts as due to the adjusted camber, the middle of the tyre was worn. I’ve kept the nexens on the rear until they wear out and will replace with a set of Michellin PS4’s when worn.

Huge thanks to RichardS as I was panicking on the offsets, but I went with your advice of fronts ET25 and rears ET35. These wheels are a perfectly flush fit!!! . No wheel rubbing or spacers needed. Very very happy with the way it came out. I was shocked at first as I got so used to the dark gunmetal veilside wheels I had before but these bright silver wheels have grown on me already. They go so well with the 99 spec chrome headlights.

So finally the beast is back on the road which is the most important thing. Looking forward to getting out and about but a bit of a shame now that I can get out, it’s started raining for a few days . Hopefully will clear up on Saturday though.

IMG_5466.jpgIMG_5523.jpgIMG_5524.jpgIMG_5526.jpgIMG_5534.jpgIMG_5535.jpgIMG_5528.jpgIMG_5532.jpg
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Thanks guys for the kind works, much appreciated These Japan Racing JR10’s are essentially a copy of the CCW Classics which are around £3k. Always loved those wheels so it’s great nowadays there’s so many of these cheaper wheel companies who make the great designs but for decent money without sacrificing quality that much.

Firms like Japan Racing, XXR, Rota have all been tested hard in drifting, track use etc and still last so happy days all round.

Once the bodyshop opens up again after lockdown, that’ll be the next major works. For now though, just going to relax and enjoy

• Like 1

I have a cheep copy of the BBS wheels from ebay which I bought about eight years ago and they are still like new. They do get a lot of care and wax and I'm sure yours will get the same.

wheel.thumb.jpg.816eba63745b981d27d214615d517e47.jpg

Ah that’s great to know. Yeah I’ve seen your bbs rs style wheels - could not tell that they’re copies. Great job on keeping them in great condition and yes mine will be used a lot but pampered also so should stand the test of time.

• Like 1

That's good, running spacers is fine, but I think if you're buying brand news wheels makes obvious sense to buy with the right offsett!!

Yeah too right. The last owner only bought them as the wheels were used when he bought them so didn’t have a choice on offset. They were hub centric as well which are ok.

18 hours ago, E8VEN said:

That's good, running spacers is fine, but I think if you're buying brand news wheels makes obvious sense to buy with the right offsett!!

Agreed!

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Hi Naz, if the 15mm spacers you have are surplus to requirements, please let me know as tempted to try them on my car, the offset is not great as the front wheels look a bit sunken in the arches. Obviously will pay a fair price etc...

Hi Naz, if the 15mm spacers you have are surplus to requirements, please let me know as tempted to try them on my car, the offset is not great as the front wheels look a bit sunken in the arches. Obviously will pay a fair price etc...

You sir have impeccable timing! I’ve been meaning to put them onto eBay for the last couple of days. I’ve cleaned them up as nice as I can today so I’ll private message you with them pictures and a rough stab at a price.

Silver is much better mate, good choice.

No idea why Nexens are on the back though, bit mental, defo be better with Michelins, really needs good traction to get the power down

Cheers mate and yeah silver suits the blue a lot better actually. Might get rid of the silver/grey pinstripe now as with the silver headlights, wheels and exhaust, think it might be bit full on - see pic below.

Oh the nexens were on the veilside wheels and had about 50% tread left - I’m not one for wasting so thought might as well put them on until they’re worn, then replace with Michelin PS4’s. Since I drive it everyday and drive hard whenever I get a clear stretch and empty lights, they’ll probably be worn out soon enough. Get what you mean though and looking forward to better traction, as at the moment the wheels spin slightly off the lights.

You sir have impeccable timing! I’ve been meaning to put them onto eBay for the last couple of days. I’ve cleaned them up as nice as I can today so I’ll private message you with them pictures and a rough stab at a price.

Hello mate, I couldn’t upload the photos via private message so have uploaded them here instead. Let me know .

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_5599.jpgIMG_5603.jpgIMG_5604.jpgIMG_5605.jpgIMG_5607.jpgAdjustments.jpg

Cheers mate and yeah silver suits the blue a lot better actually. Might get rid of the silver/grey pinstripe now as with the silver headlights, wheels and exhaust, think it might be bit full on - see pic below.

Oh the nexens were on the veilside wheels and had about 50% tread left - I’m not one for wasting so thought might as well put them on until they’re worn, then replace with Michelin PS4’s. Since I drive it everyday and drive hard whenever I get a clear stretch and empty lights, they’ll probably be worn out soon enough. Get what you mean though and looking forward to better traction, as at the moment the wheels spin slightly off the lights.

Sorry completely forgot to upload pic of car, so you can see what I mean about the pin stripe removal. Not sure yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_5572.jpg

• Gaz 300 changed the title to 300ZX TT - A18GCK
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.