300zx aerial problem

Hi it could just be stuck does happen, it gets a signal from the stereo. Try switching stereo on go to the boot listen for any noise, if you can hear it working pull up on top of it.

• Like 1

2002 Porsche C2 996 3.6 
1991 Nissan 300zx TT Project

1995 Nissan 300zx TT Crashed 🥲

1997 Jaguar XK8 Scraped ☹️

Could be the control relay. There is a little off-white box, about the sized of a cigarette pack, behind the RH boot trim. I seem to remember having to replace the one in my old red Zed....

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

44 minutes ago, RichardS said:

Could be the control relay. There is a little off-white box, about the sized of a cigarette pack, behind the RH boot trim. I seem to remember having to replace the one in my old red Zed....

Mate is there any way to test it?

22 hours ago, sheazx said:

Mate is there any way to test it?

I'm not sure TBH... If no power is getting to the aerial, and you've tried the fuse, then apart from a bad live feed out of the head unit, there's not much else to check.

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

On 22/04/2020 at 08:34, sheazx said:

Guys, my aerial was working a few months ago but now seems to stopped working,i have checked the on wire goin to the aerial and there seems to be no power,guys is there a fuse for the aerial or does anyone know what might be wrong,Thanks

Power only gets applied to the aerial when the Power Timer Amplifier wants the aerial to go up or down. It does so by changing the current flow direction to the aerial. If you

hook it up to a 12v battery and it goes up, then switch the leads to make it go down. Disconnect harness as circled below. For safety put an inline fuse in the +ve test lead. If

the motor works then the problem is further up the circuit.

2020-04-25_105440.thumb.jpg.2c5448d7f21095c746adb3189e151f74.jpg

• Like 1

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.