Front indicators not working no power

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The reason I ask is that there is a single wire at each front corner, think it's black and green, you may or may not have it though on yours, it becomes 12v when you're signalling that side but the  low beam/headlights need to be on and it's for a kerb light.

We'll keep throwing things at you !! 

8 hours ago, GRMAGNUM said:

Sorry Paul , when I said rewire I meant side indicator not side light,

You could just try one live wire from   side indicator to front indicator,if earth is good it will work.

Yeah that's what I did,  Works using the original shared earth with the side light and the feed from the side indicator, Flasher unit blinks quickly as if there is a bulb out, otherwise I would have gone with this days ago lol

8 hours ago, phutumsch said:

The reason I ask is that there is a single wire at each front corner, think it's black and green, you may or may not have it though on yours, it becomes 12v when you're signalling that side but the  low beam/headlights need to be on and it's for a kerb light.

We'll keep throwing things at you !! 

Keep em coming as I'm all out of ideas :).  I would even make my own to go along side the loom if I knew where it ended up ?

Think it's green with red stripe for wing indicator and green with black stripe for front or other away around.

Should be straight forward only one wire needed . Go to side indicator there are two wires one will show 12v when you put hazards on . Cut that wire join another wire to both ends like T piece insulate. Then at indicator end do same. Find the 12v feed wire (the other one is earth.) Cut and join light side wire to your new wire. Remember to insulate the harness side of wire you have just cut.

Make sure you have good joints, soldering iron works best.and heat shrink.

Test if all well do same on other side.

20200425_074938.jpg

Cheers GRMAGNUM

That's what I did yesterday to check an all is good, apart from the fast flashing. I'm going to make a good job of it when the front of car us jacked up an inner wing off.

I'm going to order this to stop the fast blinking. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIGHTEC-CF13-JL-02-3-PIN-RELAY-LED-FLASHER-CAR-BIKE-TURN-SIGNAL-INDICATOR-LIGHT/233565688998?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Diamentionally it check out, Ill just have to fight with it as the plastic housing don't match up.  This should stop the bulb out check problems.  I'm almost confident that the wiring matches up (Electrical section EL59 of the manual).

Still totally puzzling why it's no power to both front indicators though.

1 hour ago, paulbrem said:

I'm going to order this to stop the fast blinking. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIGHTEC-CF13-JL-02-3-PIN-RELAY-LED-FLASHER-CAR-BIKE-TURN-SIGNAL-INDICATOR-LIGHT/233565688998?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Diamentionally it check out, Ill just have to fight with it as the plastic housing don't match up.  This should stop the bulb out check problems.  I'm almost confident that the wiring matches up (Electrical section EL59 of the manual).

When I got a fast flash relay it went straight in, you can then use as many led bulbs as you like without fast flashing as you may well know, of course you won't know if you've a bulb out, so a walk around occasionally is on the cards.

I also wonder if your 'old' relay is faulty, does sound like a switching issue because at some point ie when your hazards are on, you do get power to the front indicators.

As the front side indicators (and rear indicators) are working, I would concentrate your efforts on the engine compartment harness that feeds the front

indicators down each side of the car (see el-126). You can see that the side indicator connections E1 and E15 are spliced off the harness which then continue

each side down to the front indicators connectors E8 and E40. I've attached hi-res copies of E-69 (the wiring diagram) and el-127 engine compartment

harness.

You said that you changed the front bumper, did you change the indicator/side lamp assemblies as well?

el-69.pdf

el-126.pdf

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

When I looked at mine the wires  to front are attached to the bumper. I wonder if these got pulled and stretched whilst removing bumper!

I would now advise you check rh indicator take bulb out , take bulb out of side , put meter on continuity and test between cenre of front to centre of side,  there should be full continuity  this will prove whether you have broken wire. 

Do same on rh indicator. 

Chin up it will get sorted.

• Like 1

Thanks for the scans Andrew, and I did change the assembly's but the wiring but not the wiring.  

I must again thank you guys for all your input, I have had a few days off the car issue and yesterday my new flasher unit has arrived, just fitted and this has stopped the bulb out fast blinking.  I know the problem isn't fixed correctly, but now there is no problem lol.  I will check the continuity of the wiring in a few days when I take the inner wing off to get a feed off the side indicators..

Many thanks again