Aircon Condenser

Black-zed

hi guys, my zircon condenser was detected with a leak a couple of years ago and I have never got round to fixing it, anyhow with time on my hands at the mo I thought it would be quite nice t get it working again. so it turns out Z1 haven't had any of their replacements in stock for a long time, Nissan is NLA on all the part numbers available, and I found Prasco listed them which were made by Ava cooling (there are a couple of car part suppliers showing up in google ads charging £900 for them) so I contacted both Prasco & Ava cooling direct, Prasco have no stock and Ava cooling have advised me they no longer make them. 

I have a used condenser I bought, but I don't want to fit it as is because I don't know how long it will last, anyway onto my question has anyone had a condenser rebuilt or refurbed in the uk and can recommend anyone to carry out the work? or a universal condenser that will fit? I asked a company a couple of years back and they said they had trouble getting condensers for the 300zx but could rebuild mine for £500! 

Z1 or CZP sell an aircon unit for US models, it has different routing for the pipes I believe, surely an aircon guy would have no problem sorting pipes?

I've tried to find out if there would be any differences that could cause other issues,  not totally sure on this.

Across all markets, the footprint, fixings and connections are the same for TT models

92101-33P00 is the earlier core type, whilst 92101-47P15 is the later more efficient style (see pic below).

AC_Condenser_TT_Comparison.jpg.9d1d1ab6e7c472187a488384aefe3629.jpg

I'm not sure of UK company that rebuilds them but this one in Japan blogged exactly that. Expensive but it shows that someone

is doing it. They are expensive though!

http://www.sankyo-rad.com/?p=16939

translated:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sankyo-rad.com%2F%3Fp%3D16939

Edited by AndrewG
  • Like 1

1632756191_IsaoSono300ZXZ32s30thcompactwhitebg.jpg.927186fb96ce93f9d57642837cfd17d2.jpg

18 minutes ago, AndrewG said:

Across all markets, the footprint, fixings and connections are the same for TT models

92101-33P00 is the earlier core type, whilst 92101-47P15 is the later more efficient style (see pic below).

AC_Condenser_TT_Comparison.jpg.9d1d1ab6e7c472187a488384aefe3629.jpg

I'm not sure of UK company that rebuilds them but this one in Japan blogged exactly that. Expensive but it shows that someone

is doing it. They are expensive though!

http://www.sankyo-rad.com/?p=16939

translated:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sankyo-rad.com%2F%3Fp%3D16939

thanks Andrew, I contacted the Japanese company when they posted the condensers on Facebook, unfortunately they said they do not ship to the uk.

as for daz's comment CZP no longer lists the after market condensers and Z1 have been out of stock of them for nearly 18months. 

however I found a company in the USA selling them which is a last ditch attempt if needed, they used to list on ebay uk, but now only list on ebay.com. they sell for $295 plus $125 shipping, that of course plus vat & import duty. 

I have also had another ray of light, I've spoken to a company here in the uk who have said they can most likely find a universal condenser from stock which will fit but will need brackets making to suit and pipe work modified to suit, I'm waiting for a price on this so I can speak to my air con guy to see how much the pipe work modifications would cost, they have also said they can build one from scratch and the cost for this would be around £360 with 3-4 weeks turnaround.

I'll then need to source a dryer but I believe there some universal ones that fit. 

1 hour ago, Black-zed said:

however I found a company in the USA selling them which is a last ditch attempt if needed, they used to list on ebay uk, but now only list on ebay.com. they sell for $295 plus $125 shipping, that of course plus vat & import duty.

This one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264660339820?ViewItem=&item=264660339820

I'm pretty sure Andy (phutumsch) had one of these shipped to Jimmer@PowerZed for his car. If so, he should be able

to comment on the quality and fitment of the part.

• Like 1

1632756191_IsaoSono300ZXZ32s30thcompactwhitebg.jpg.927186fb96ce93f9d57642837cfd17d2.jpg

21 minutes ago, AndrewG said:

This one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264660339820?ViewItem=&item=264660339820

I'm pretty sure Andy (phutumsch) had one of these shipped to Jimmer@PowerZed for his car. If so, he should be able

to comment on the quality and fitment of the part.

yep that's the one, it looks almost identical to the ones z1 were selling (part from the z1 units were black) so I wonder if the guy was selling them cheap then realised what z1 were charging. 

I do have one yes, I found that there was no other choice new and bought one about 3 months ago.

Jim was not disappointed with the quality and I know he has now fit it, untested but we don't envisage an issue, he told me he had to heat some pipes up to fit but he was fitting it to a 1995 n/a cars aircon and that the angles were different but nothing he couldn't sort.

I am guessing therefore, seeing it is advertised for TT's, then it'll bolt straight in Turbo cars without issue, buy with confidence would be my advice. 

I paid £212 btw plus shipping, I cannot remember whether I had any import charges.

Edited by phutumsch
3 months ago, not 6 and added price.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

None available at the moment, wonder if we could do a group buy and have some made for a good price.

2002 Porsche C2 996 3.6 😎 🤘 
1991 Nissan 300zx TT Project

1995 Nissan 300zx TT Crashed 😭

1997 Jaguar XK8 Scraped ☹️

Any one else.

17 hours ago, Robert W said:

I also need one for my TT, if there is a group buy I would be interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spoken to a company here in the UK who would be interested in making condensers for the 300zx tt (would also do the NA), condensers would be a serpentine construction with copper pipes and aluminium fins. I am going to try and find an old condenser to send to them so they can use it as a template and give a costing, (if anybody has an old knackered but dimensionally correct condenser that i could send them please let me know). If anyone is interested we could see about a group buy and hopefully reduce the initial quote.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Robert W said:

Just spoken to a company here in the UK who would be interested in making condensers for the 300zx tt (would also do the NA), condensers would be a serpentine construction with copper pipes and aluminium fins. I am going to try and find an old condenser to send to them so they can use it as a template and give a costing, (if anybody has an old knackered but dimensionally correct condenser that i could send them please let me know). If anyone is interested we could see about a group buy and hopefully reduce the initial quote.

Excellent that sounds great, sure someone has one laying about.

Thanks

Hi Bazz, I have one on its way to me now (found one on Ebay) but thanks for the offer it's much appreciated.

Once I have the condenser i will visit the company to find out what the cost will be to manufacture the units.

Hopefully I will be able to look around the facility and see other condensers that they have manufactured (and take photos) to gauge the quality.

Once the cost is known will then see how much interest there is for the unit.

19 hours ago, Robert W said:

Hi Bazz, I have one on its way to me now (found one on Ebay) but thanks for the offer it's much appreciated.

Once I have the condenser i will visit the company to find out what the cost will be to manufacture the units.

Hopefully I will be able to look around the facility and see other condensers that they have manufactured (and take photos) to gauge the quality.

Once the cost is known will then see how much interest there is for the unit.

Sounds good Robert. 

If not we can see how many need a condenser and ask the guy in America how much, he has best offer.

hope would be less cost of postage and import Tax.

• 2 weeks later...

Visited the company today, dropped off the condenser and had a chat about cost, looks like cost will  be £250 + VAT (£300.00)

This is £25 cheaper (+ import duty) than the one from America on Ebay once postage is added but also less chance of damage in transit, I mentioned depending on interest there could be an order for a small quantity but this did not seem to make much difference to the cost as it wasn't going to be a large order.

I witnessed a condenser being pressure tested that they had manufactured and it looked good so I have asked them to produce one unit (as a multiple buy didn't make any difference to the cost) once this has been manufactured i will post photos of the unit for all to see and report back on the fit and performance of the unit once installed. I was told it could be up to 2 weeks before the unit is ready as they are very busy.

If it's OK then there will be a second choice for people other than the unit from America and if it isn't OK i can join in for a group buy from America to lower the postage.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Robert W said:

Visited the company today, dropped off the condenser and had a chat about cost, looks like cost will  be £250 + VAT (£300.00)

This is £25 cheaper (+ import duty) than the one from America on Ebay once postage is added but also less chance of damage in transit, I mentioned depending on interest there could be an order for a small quantity but this did not seem to make much difference to the cost as it wasn't going to be a large order.

I witnessed a condenser being pressure tested that they had manufactured and it looked good so I have asked them to produce one unit (as a multiple buy didn't make any difference to the cost) once this has been manufactured i will post photos of the unit for all to see and report back on the fit and performance of the unit once installed. I was told it could be up to 2 weeks before the unit is ready as they are very busy.

If it's OK then there will be a second choice for people other than the unit from America and if it isn't OK i can join in for a group buy from America to lower the postage.

Hi Robert thanks, very kind of you to do this, I would be happy to buy all being well. 

Thanks again Tony