Ambient temperature sensor location

When my zed was in for paint the body shop told me they saw a small sensor hanging down around the front - had a look and its the ambient temperature sensor. Don't remember seeing it before, I had the bumper off a few days before they did and didn't do anything with it, but they said they didn't touch it either. Maybe it was just tucked up somewhere....

Anyway, I can't for the life of my find where the little b*****d is supposed to go. Service manual shows under the crash bar, but I can't see anything that lines up with the dowl and hole.

Anyone got any good pictures of where it goes? Mines a 95 series 4 with auto AC, don't know if it ever changed through the years 344360e7ce20b317d5c7e463eee0dde8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm not sure either - as the ambient temp display was (so I thought) only relevant in series one models.

Series two onwards had a different climate control system, with more control over air direction. This dispensed with the ambient temp display in the AC pod - hence I thought later cars no linger needed the external sensor!

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Anyway, I can't for the life of my find where the little b*****d is supposed to go. Service manual shows under the crash bar, but I can't see anything that lines up with the dowl and hole.

The Ambient temperature sensor lives under the plastic front bumper reinforcement bar.

Turbo-Front-Bumper.jpg.619d39dab16c287fdd23bbf5e70f3fb7.jpg

The sensor in the roof is passenger cell temperature.

Edited by AndrewG
  • Like 2

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

Thanks for the pictures - that's where I have been looking, and whilst there is a small screw hole there, there is no matching hole for the little dowel so it wouldn't sit flat. Ah well, its very hidden, so it will do.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk