Hicas delete help.

Hi folks,

Just wanting a wee bit of help, preferably with pictures.

So a bit of back story, my Zed has been in the car garage basically since the start of lock down for mot work, recently they made a lot of progress on doing the work after a back log of customer cars but one of the rear hicas hose burst when they started the car up to go for the test (personally feel like I dodged a bullet with that one).

I've got my hands on a Hardrace hicas delete kit which is perfect for getting shot of the rear rack, arms and ball joints but doesn't come with the fittings to re-circulate the fluid at the front end of the car (I'm keeping the TT pump and pot but want to take the Hicas solenoid out), my question is:

To anyone who has also done this and kept the TT equipment, does anyone have any pictures that would help my garage out when they come to create that loop in the power steering system?

Any help on this would be much appreciated, I'll be dropping the delete kit of too them tomorrow.

Thanks

Andy

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah. I used one of the hard pipe fittings from the HICAS solenoid and bolted it to the PS Pump. Then used a piece of flexi hose from here to the reservoir. Basically just a short circuit. Been like that about five years and much neater than those adapter bits. 

Great suggestion mate, I'll be popping down to the garage with the delete kit tomorrow on my break from work, I'll show them your advice and hopefully they'll know what to do (they dont specialize in ZX's but are still a good garage to get work done at).

Much appreciaed!

The worst bit tbh is probably going to be the hub work. If it’s the same as the drift works kit the hicas ball joint is modified (drilled out iirc). So make sure they are aware of the fitting procedure. 
It may be simpler to replace the faulty hose for now... 

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for taking so long to reply.

So basically the garage carrying out the work has managed to install the delete kit (after a wee fight with the ball joints but they got there).

As I'm keeping the TT pump and pot though they are having issues with how to re-route the fluid hoses that removing the solenoid have left.

Anyone got any more advice for them, pictures or a basic how too would be greatly appreciated! So close to getting the car mot ready.

Andy

Thanks mate,

I've relayed as much information as I could find on re-routing it at the front end (including sheet shots of forums posts and pics) so hopefully they will be able to complete the work.

If they come back with more questions I'll stick them on here if that's ok?

Andy