NEC classic car show 2020

'Evening all.

It's certainly been a difficult year for most of us, there's no denying that.... And whilst all the big shows have been cancelled - or held with a much reduced capacity - the NEC Classic Car Show is (for now) set to go ahead.

https://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/

We have provisionally been given a stand with room for three cars - so who is up for it this year?

As always, it's a pretty big commitment - you have to be able to leave your car there from set-up on the Thursday morning until take down, later Sunday evening. And preferably be on hand to man the stand (albeit possibly in shifts with fellow exhibitors) from Friday morning until Sunday afternoon.

We are very much aware of everyone's safety in these uncertain times - and the organisers are committed to the safety of exhibitors and visitors alike.

So without further ado, I am looking for volunteers to participate in this year's show - and continue the club's run, in making this the 7th year in succession that, we will have been a part of a major show. I have just 7 days to accept or decline the offer, so there's no time to waste. Register your interest - with a few photos of your car and I'll put it to the members' vote.....

The final - and probably most important matter - is that of accommodation. As a small club, we are mindful of what staging this event has cost us since 2014; particularly as it does not directly include or benefit the vast majority of our members. Hence we may ask that exhibitors pay for their own accommodation from now on.

Thanks for your support:classic_smile:

• Like 6

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Yeah I want to show mine too but that’s for next year. Needs the respray doing early next year at some point and all external trims replaced then it’ll be upto standard. Will probs book tickets to go to the show anyway though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We have a few likes for this thread - but no volunteers yet.....:classic_wink:

I appreciate it's a big ask - especially in the current times we find ourselves in - so is anyone up for it, or should we give it a miss this year?

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

2022 will be the earliest I'll be willing to show my new one in public. Far too much work to do. 

I don't do Facebook, so don't know if you asked for volunteers there?

Now - 1999 Midnight Purple NA.

Then - 1995 Slicktop NA - sold 2016

If we were doing this, do we know the size of the stand? 

Is it the size of last year, but the cars have to socially distance, so only 3 cars? 

Or is it a much smaller space? 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Evening all,

Today is the day we should confirm our participation - but I have asked the organisers if they will hold our stand until the weekend. I completely understand if no-one wishes to volunteer this year, but being ever the optimist, I won't give up hope until the last minute....:classic_wink:

So if anyone is up for exhibiting - and/or manning the stand this year, please do let me know.

Richard:classic_cool:

21 hours ago, craig said:

Take your car Richard, if you plan on attending anyway? ?

i would offer, but am not sure if i will be isolating or not, but will be willing to take it if all else fails. 

Cheers Craig - I have to say, I am considering it.... Same as you, if all else fails :classic_wink:

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 19:50, ianl said:

I could possibly be tempted, either car, but not sure i want to stay all the days

might bring some carpet / lights if i did

Nice one Ian - that's the spirit.... Your thoughts are pretty much in line with my own - I'm happy to exhibit, but I'm not so sure about staying for the duration either. So....

If anyone wants to volunteer their ZED for the duration - Thursday through to Sunday evening - but is only willing/able to man the stand for some of the time, that option works too... I'm sure we can manage the rota to suit.

We all have work commitments and limited annual leave, not to mention personal safety, so can we still do it.... :classic_wink:

11 hours ago, Dbiagioni1 said:

The club stand has always been great every year it’s the reason I bought my first zed ?

I was talking to Jimmer about this earlier and Iv got funkysi white tt and would be happy to show it on the club stand if that helps

If our stand goes ahead it would be great to see the white Z there again along with Richards and Ians. Thank you for putting your Z forward Dbiagioni1

11 hours ago, Dbiagioni1 said:

The club stand has always been great every year it’s the reason I bought my first zed ?

I was talking to Jimmer about this earlier and Iv got funkysi white tt and would be happy to show it on the club stand if that helps

I second Gary's comment Dbiagioni1 - thank you!! It would be great to see your car at the NEC - if the show does proceed...:classic_cool:

14 hours ago, Aff68 said:

Hi all, 

I'd be proud to support by exhibiting my new Z at the stand. I've got a few bits to do which I've got lined up and she'll be ready before NEC weekend.

I'll post some pics tomorrow, so please do let me know. Thanks 

Thanks for your support mate - please do post some pictures; I shall look forward to that!

Richard:classic_cool: