NEC classic car show 2020

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 19:19, Joely P said:

That’ll be Lee Edwards old Z, looks great Aff emoji106.png

It does indeed.....

….So, we have red, white and blue (assuming Ian is happy to show his lovely 'Vert again). Job done, I shall accept our stand - albeit on the proviso we can cancel without issues, should Covid-19 prevent us from doing so!

Thank you gentlemen,

Richard:classic_cool:

• Like 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

Evening all,

On the basis we have three volunteers, I have now accepted our stand for his year - with the provisional exhibitors (in order of stepping up) of:

IanL
Dbiagioni1
Aff68

Thank you all for your support of this great event - and, assuming it does not get cancelled, I shall keep everyone informed as and when I hear from the organisers!

• Like 2

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

2 minutes ago, Gaz 300 said:

Thanks for sorting this Richard ?

Cheers Gary - I just hope the show proceeds as planned and that the organisers can maintain the attendees' safety. It's certainly been an unprecedented year, so I think we need to finish it on an optimistic high.

5 minutes ago, RichardS said:

Cheers Gary - I just hope the show proceeds as planned and that the organisers can maintain the attendees' safety. It's certainly been an unprecedented year, so I think we need to finish it on an optimistic high.

Yes it could all be cancelled at anytime and attendees safety is paramount but lets see how it plays out mate.

• Like 1

It is with great sadness that I announce to you today that we have decided there is no alternative but to postpone the 2020 edition of the show, despite pulling out all the stops to try and make the annual season finale happen. Read the press release or visit our FAQs page for more details. 

https://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/

• Sad 1

2002 Porsche C2 996 3.6 
1991 Nissan 300zx TT Project

1995 Nissan 300zx TT Crashed 🥲

1997 Jaguar XK8 Scraped ☹️

5 hours ago, JaiKai said:

yeh, 

We just received the same email. ?

SAD, but seen it coming a mile away.

Yup - the organisers have indeed cancelled this year's show. As Lee says, it was inevitable - better safe than sorry, I guess. Even if my personal opinion on the Covid-19 situation may differ from the majority, we have to ensure everyone's safety.

4 hours ago, Gaz 300 said:

There could be another lock down on its way.

Whilst I think you may be right, I hate to say it - but I personally think we have to keep calm and carry on. Sure, let's mitigate risks by cancelling non-essential events like the NEC show; but another lockdown? That would be a disaster.

Persevere with the herd-immunity mind-set; keep schools and businesses open. If we have to impose restrictions, then limit that to curfews, rule of 6 and close borders. But keep the economy moving at all costs - yes, peoples' lives matter, but Covid-19 is not fatal to the vast majority; we'll get over it, the country won't survive another full lockdown!!! 

Whilst I think you may be right, I hate to say it - but I personally think we have to keep calm and carry on. Sure, let's mitigate risks by cancelling non-essential events like the NEC show; but another lockdown? That would be a disaster.
Persevere with the herd-immunity mind-set; keep schools and businesses open. If we have to impose restrictions, then limit that to curfews, rule of 6 and close borders. But keep the economy moving at all costs - yes, peoples' lives matter, but Covid-19 is not fatal to the vast majority; we'll get over it, the country won't survive another full lockdown!!! 

100% right. They’re saying they’ll try local lockdowns to try and calm down the increase in cases and telling London commuters to work from home, which is the better route to be honest. Agree closing the economy again will be disastrous. Can not afford for that to happen. It is difficult however getting the very fine balance between keeping the economy ticking along and saving lives. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1