300zx desert spec. Anyone know where Darren Bowden of Dasstech garage is?

Harry00

Two years ago I paid him £6k to build me a wide bodied 300zx with off road desert spec, I wanted to take it to the deserts of Spain to blast it. Anyway, Dasstech is no more and I cannot find him. 

I wont go into the details, but essentially, I'd like to find him again to see if he will do the right thing and build me the car I paid for. I saved for ages to be able to have the money to build that car.

Before anyone writes back and tells me I'm a mug for giving anyone money up front, believe me I know I've been a mug, just he seemed really passionate about the project anyway. If any of you know him, please reach out to him for me. I'm not trying to get my money back anymore as that wont happen.

It would have been an amazing car, I already bought the huge beadlock wheels (which I then had to sell at a loss).

• Trade

2 years ago things were already going south for him & the word was out about his outside work internet " Interests" & Pie Crust promises that cost him his business,I am baffled how still you ploughed on regardless of this as social media was full of this info ? .He is still on Facebook i believe under another name Dazzy B iirc or something like that.I think being honest you have really little chance of seeing the money again.Chalk this one up to experience or buckle in for a long legal ride.Good luck Chap.

Untitled-1.png

18 minutes ago, jimmer said:

2 years ago things were already going south for him & the word was out about his outside work internet " Interests" & Pie Crust promises that cost him his business,I am baffled how still you ploughed on regardless of this as social media was full of this info ? .He is still on Facebook i believe under another name Dazzy B iirc or something like that.I think being honest you have really little chance of seeing the money again.Chalk this one up to experience or buckle in for a long legal ride.Good luck Chap.

Thanks for the reply. I did check him around that time but I couldn't find anything, but I'm not familiar with the zx forums so probably missed the crucial info. I went through the courts and won, so did all that, but still didn't get anything. Just wanted to see if he'd do the right thing and build my car. 

I saw your car in the workshop at the time, and some of the fabrication work did look pretty good. 

having also been left with an incomplete build by him, i am not sure i would want to entrust another car to him, as it would only get done in his spare time while not earning a living, because he couldnt afford to do it otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, craig said:

I saw your car in the workshop at the time, and some of the fabrication work did look pretty good. 

having also been left with an incomplete build by him, i am not sure i would want to entrust another car to him, as it would only get done in his spare time while not earning a living, because he couldnt afford to do it otherwise. 

I hope you didn't lose too much money. He had the skills from what I understood, he started on the suspension, and then one excuse after the other, then radio silence. Surely he must feel ashamed of what he did, the only way for him to gain back some self respect would be to build the car. 

1 minute ago, Harry00 said:

I hope you didn't lose too much money. He had the skills from what I understood, he started on the suspension, and then one excuse after the other, then radio silence. Surely he must feel ashamed of what he did, the only way for him to gain back some self respect would be to build the car. 

I did end up with a complete car at least, but with a lot of faults that need putting right at my expense now, which he should have resolved. 

if he did have any self respect or decency over what he has done, then he would have been in touch long before now to try and resolve it with everyone. 

his lack of contact should be making that loud and clear

5 minutes ago, craig said:

his lack of contact should be making that loud and clear

Oh it is, I am just putting the post out there on the million to one chance he finds some integrity. I haven't even tried to contact him for over a year and a half.

• Like 1