Fuel tank retaining straps

stephenk

40 minutes ago, stephenk said:

Hi can the fuel tank retaining straps  be  completely removed with  the sub frame  in place  as why I've got the tank off I was going to  clean them up an  paint them thanks 

I believe so. 

I had the fuel tank and straps replaced on both my Zeds - one by JeffTT and the other by my local garage. And neither ever removed the sub-frame to do it?

• Like 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

4 minutes ago, RichardS said:

I believe so. 

I had the fuel tank and straps replaced on both my Zeds - one by JeffTT and the other by my local garage. And neither ever removed the sub-frame to do it?

Thanks  I get  right under the  car an have a good look  when  I  took the heat tray off it looked close to the subframe 

I have this job coming up soon, was it difficult? Im guessing the fuel pump/sender unit needs unplugging, straps unbolting and it just falls straight on top of you?

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

2 hours ago, TheRealNips said:

I have this job coming up soon, was it difficult? Im guessing the fuel pump/sender unit needs unplugging, straps unbolting and it just falls straight on top of you?

It's  not  difficult  it  just  takes  a bit of time  you got   the  2 fuel lines to remove   the tank an fuel neck have  1 pipe each   1 electrical  connector  the fuel neck as a cover  that  as to be removed  I undone  the 2 retaining straps  bolts  closest to the  bumper  my bumper  was removed  I'm not 100% sure if the bumper  as to be removed  to get to the bolts 

• Like 1