A sensible tweet from The Donald.....??

Shame no one is following the rules though. People from Hastings are just driving to Eastbourne to do their shopping and go to pubs etc. Im sure its the same all around our Tier 2 bubble that is Eastbourne, Brighton and West Sussex. Our buses were heaving yesterday with Christmas shoppers

Yeah too right! Before the Christmas shopping period, people were pretty sensible surprisingly in Brighton and Hove, but since the shopping season has started, they have lost the plot. We’ve been keeping away from town and busy areas, but had to pop into Brighton town on the weekend. Got there at 8:30 for opening when shops are most empty, and managed to escape by 10ish, which is when the herds of people started flooding in. I don’t think people realise this is the worst disaster to occur in a lifetime. My friend sent me photos of oxford street London and other parts of London and they were absolutely rammed. Keep calm and carry on doesn’t really work with highly contagious viruses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 20/12/2020 at 17:30, AndrewG said:

I know Andrew - yet whilst I read this all the time, I do wonder just who they are asking.....

I may be courting controversy, but (1) I'm not 100% convinced these surveys really represent the majority of thinking and (2) I believe we have been conditioned, or rather have had the living shit scared out of us this last year, to make us all fearful and compliant... Or (3) have they all been furloughed since April, sitting on their arses earning (sorry, receiving) 80% of their pay for doing nothing - and have got quite comfortable with that....?

Whilst, as Naz says, there are still the obvious idiots who continue to flout rules and show no regard for others' wellbeing.

I agree that we need to protect the vulnerable, but for the vast majority of people, the virus is not fatal - it's just a few days feeling a bit rough, with a cough and fluctuating fevers. We've had six cases in the office since November, and they all have been just that. I have had a couple of tests myself - after being in contact with those people - and both, fortunately, were negative.

I truly believe it's time to start putting the country's economic survival above the virus. We must all assess our own risk - and the risk to our loved ones - be sensible, social distance, wear face coverings, not congregate en-mass, continue to sanitise, etc. Life still has to go on - we can't keep locking down the country; did it work in November....? No, it didn't - otherwise we would not be thinking of another lockdown now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

22 hours ago, RichardS said:

I know Andrew - yet whilst I read this all the time, I do wonder just who they are asking.....

I may be courting controversy, but (1) I'm not 100% convinced these surveys really represent the majority of thinking and (2) I believe we have been conditioned, or rather have had the living shit scared out of us this last year, to make us all fearful and compliant... Or (3) have they all been furloughed since April, sitting on their arses earning (sorry, receiving) 80% of their pay for doing nothing - and have got quite comfortable with that....?

Whilst, as Naz says, there are still the obvious idiots who continue to flout rules and show no regard for others' wellbeing.

I agree that we need to protect the vulnerable, but for the vast majority of people, the virus is not fatal - it's just a few days feeling a bit rough, with a cough and fluctuating fevers. We've had six cases in the office since November, and they all have been just that. I have had a couple of tests myself - after being in contact with those people - and both, fortunately, were negative.

I truly believe it's time to start putting the country's economic survival above the virus. We must all assess our own risk - and the risk to our loved ones - be sensible, social distance, wear face coverings, not congregate en-mass, continue to sanitise, etc. Life still has to go on - we can't keep locking down the country; did it work in November....? No, it didn't - otherwise we would not be thinking of another lockdown now.

Ime with you on everything you have said Richard....Without sounding blasé about the whole terrible experience we all have suffered this year but the cynical side of me has to say its very strange timing this latest mutant strain to pop up just at the most crucial time of the Brexit negotiations. ?  My eldest daughter is dating and has been for most of this year a consultant Pathologist and what he has told me from the front line is ever so slightly different from the daily BBC propaganda we all get told, telling us we are all doomed until the BJ army tell us otherwise..He has not had one week this whole year when the daily body count that's presented before him have had higher numbers of covid deaths than natural causes...Strange that don't you think?     

• Like 1