Needed: large size TT calipers

I am looking for a pair of front TT calipers for my car. The 30mm iron TT version.

I tried to do the brakes today at a friends house as he has all the kit needed and to cut a long story short the discs didn't fit because I need the 30mm iron calipers rather than the 26mm ones and to make matters worse the thread for the brake pipe in the actual caliper has, in the past, been crossed threaded and stripped. I'm glad we found that issue as I've been driving it around for years and it could have popped off at anytime. The car had to be trailered back as the brakes cant be fixed without some new calipers, so its sitting outside looking rather sorry for its self.

If anyone has a pair, please let me know asap! I have attached a picture of the three types with how to tell each type apart.

300zxreferencebrakes-56fa925c1c064.jpg.81374eef795185bb995f38d3d22a2fb4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add, I believe that the 30mm aluminium and 30mm iron calipers are interchangeable; albeit you wouldn't have different ones on either side😉

When my aluminium ones seized a few years back, the refurbished pair I bought from Bigg Redd were iron - and they fitted straight on without any modification. Same brake pads too; which are in turn shared with a Subaru Imprezza WRX of some variety, as it has the same calipers.

• Like 1

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

17 hours ago, RichardS said:

Just to add, I believe that the 30mm aluminium and 30mm iron calipers are interchangeable; albeit you wouldn't have different ones on either side😉

When my aluminium ones seized a few years back, the refurbished pair I bought from Bigg Redd were iron - and they fitted straight on without any modification. Same brake pads too; which are in turn shared with a Subaru Imprezza WRX of some variety, as it has the same calipers.

I have sourced some 30mm iron ones along with some SS braided brakes lines from MTEC brakes (to go with the MTEC disc and pads) so hoping they are here for my long weekend on friday and can fit them with no problems! Ive missed driving my zed so much, the wifes Audi TT 225 quattro is fun, but not the same as the zed!

• Like 1