My progress so far...

Hi all, thought I'd throw on some progress Ive been making on my 92 NA 2+2 since I got it.

I aquired the car mid Max Power transformation as per my newbies thread (first time z32 owner) and set about returning to a nice factory example.

Mechanically the car is very good, runs nicely, pulls hard and after a good service has given peace of mind to use through the spring. I take the Z to work at least once a week plus weekend fun just to keep it alive.

I'll be using the car in its current state throughout summer before tucking away for winter for a full body and paint restoration at my friends bodyshop (although Ill be doing the work myself, many late nights after work to come!!)

Since Jan 21 Ive been hellbent on returning the interior to stock as it was really embarrassing... fur interior panels, wrecked leather seats, drift wheel, dodgy accessories and a crap head unit to name but a few!

First thing I got was an OEM steering wheel in near mint condition. Had trouble acquiring the slip ring and gubbins behind it bit was eventually rescued by Keith (North Wales) who supplied all the neccessary items... fitted... excellent!!

Tried the horn.. worked for about 3 seconds, then died! So they're now on the shopping list.

Other interior items sourced... 2 from Andy (OEM shift knob, original factory head unit), factory CD player, new dash fascia, leather with red stitched shift/handbrake boots and various other trim bits. Beginning to take shape!

Now to tackle the fur (on ebay at time of typing fyi). Through multiple sources and sellers I managed to acquire a full set of tweed panels for the interior. A lot of the parts must have been stored in parts cars and had various bad stains from dirt/oil etc.

The missus now steps in with a variety of Dr Beckerman cleaners and brushes etc.. the next day every tween item looks brand spanking new!!!! She insisted!

Now all the fur is gone, the leather seats are letting it down.

Having a conversation with Keith again he mentions he has a full tweed cloth interior in excellent condition so had to go for it!

During the install of the seats I found 9.80 in change in the rails... and a 10 Japanese Yen coin (like.. negative 30p?)

Most recent purchase after some Targa bags (Keith again, lifesaver!) is an OEM set of shagpile mats... cant wait for these to arrive! Got them for a very good price too :-)

So here I am, interior is pretty much nearly done, bodywork is still shot outside (bad dents, couple of bubbles, microblistered paint, scrapes etc and a wrecked turbo front bumper. I got the original NA bumper from Andy however still yet to paint/fit this.

Oh.. and the speedo/odo still not working. We've tested the speed sensor in the gearbox and it has continuity and all seems well. Next area to investigate will be behind the clocks.

All in all Im absolutely in love with my Z, such a nice experience, had the T tops off the other day and we had a blast!

Once the bodywork is sorted, this cherished example will be a shift return to its former glory days and will be lived for many more years. Please see attached pics of the interior then and now, and some exterior shots.

Happy Zedding all

8136a67d41a83ef4844a266a42aa19da.jpgdb19eb9e6e579ad0f3233d70064b92db.jpg63a6bf652576e17c44459ec98a183510.jpgcd2478bc59997ae854f5fa14ad0ba7d1.jpga239c0579860a2992df72b96b21b29ee.jpg3c55ef0e6d106867fba2fbf4833c83de.jpg12be47ac22752448d6bb0bf794284816.jpg5e6a59bb25a5aaa9d0ed7946c21ebdef.jpg8d1c4fd1df76d030c2db0dc65671d492.jpgc0bc9079e05e14eb3cba49133008071d.jpg84f562b0e1bb61d1e4666416708d86b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Looking good! Mine had a badly trimmed aftermarket completely red interior, every panel was red and the glue was coming loose on every corner, so I feel your pain.... keep at it. Its more than worth it with the sun out, the roof off and a nice 2022 UK road trip! Sorry for the advertising, but another zed would be more than welcome!

• Like 1

1990 Black MT NA LWB = 2014 - 2020 (Sold)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2015 - 2017 (Stripped & Scrapped)

1991 Red MT TT LWB = 2017 - 2021 (Sold)

1991 Black MT TT LWB = 2018 - 2021 (Sold)

1989 Red AT TT LWB = 2021 - XXXX (Kept)

Coming along nicely. What's the gadget on top of the right control pod?
Thanks Andrew. Thats a GPS speedo, powered by the cig lighter. It came with the car as the speedo isnt working. Hoping to identify the culprit to this when I strip the clocks out so I can do away with it.

I see an original radio and cd player not many of them left.[emoji106]
These are purely in for aesthetic purposes at the moment, unsure if they work!!
The radio was very kindly donated to me by Andy, I paid 30 for the cd player so worth a punt. Full audio setup is also on the cards, just with better speakers and a compact sub to hide somewhere so hopefully these can be functional soon.

• Like 1

Looking good! Mine had a badly trimmed aftermarket completely red interior, every panel was red and the glue was coming loose on every corner, so I feel your pain.... keep at it. Its more than worth it with the sun out, the roof off and a nice 2022 UK road trip! Sorry for the advertising, but another zed would be more than welcome!

Thanks, Ill check the thread out later on, am looking to getting out and about as much as possible in mine so Ill give uou a shout :-)

• Like 1