Jump to content

Z32 Specialist in SE England


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Rich666 said:

Hope you get sorted... I'm in the early stages of re-commissioning mine and I am dreading the day I come to try and start it - engine's not run in 15 years! (Just to add, I'm not just planning on fitting a battery and hoping for the best!)

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'll definitely post a picture when it's up and running (so you can all say "Oh no you bought *that* one" 😜).

15 years!? That's not a restart, that's a resurrection πŸ˜‚ definitely going to want more than a battery. Maybe a priest to bless it! Where would you even start with something like that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/04/2021 at 11:11, 300Zach said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'll definitely post a picture when it's up and running (so you can all say "Oh no you bought *that* one" 😜).

15 years!? That's not a restart, that's a resurrection πŸ˜‚ definitely going to want more than a battery. Maybe a priest to bless it! Where would you even start with something like that?

Haha, well the good thing is the engine and drivetrain all came out and were prepared for storage (admittedly it wasn't supposed to be this long!)... main issue is remembering what goes where now!Β Β I have a garage full of parts that I'd already accumulated too,Β so in a nice position! The one thing that didn't survive was my Greddy dump valves - but I'm getting older now, so recircs can go back on (got them in the garage too!)Β 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rich666 said:

The one thing that didn't survive was my Greddy dump valves - but I'm getting older now, so recircs can go back on (got them in the garage too!)Β 

Much better solution.

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/forums/general/view/2421113/I-do-not-recommend-blow-off-valves-on-the-Z.html

1632756191_IsaoSono300ZXZ32s30thcompactwhitebg.jpg.927186fb96ce93f9d57642837cfd17d2.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/04/2021 at 09:47, AndrewG said:

Definitely... the only problem is I removed them as I was getting goose honk, think I might have found somewhere still stocking the eliminator kit but has anyone had any luck recirculating BOVs? the ones I had could be used as recircs too, but I never tried it?Β 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/04/2021 at 22:56, Rich666 said:

Haha, well the good thing is the engine and drivetrain all came out and were prepared for storage (admittedly it wasn't supposed to be this long!)... main issue is remembering what goes where now!Β Β I have a garage full of parts that I'd already accumulated too,Β so in a nice position! The one thing that didn't survive was my Greddy dump valves - but I'm getting older now, so recircs can go back on (got them in the garage too!)Β 

Ah that's good that you've got somewhere to keep all the serious guts safe and hibernated. That's always my concern with taking things apart, I find myself taking loads of photos since my memory is good for about 15 minutes let alone 15 years πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚Β 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/04/2021 at 09:47, AndrewG said:

Oh man this post just dropped a huge piece of the puzzle! I'd never seen them on any of the other Z's I looked at but mine has the BOV kit. No wonder it runs rich if they interfere with the MAF sensor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Γ—
Γ—
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use