Injector down?

Well after passing its mot a few days later my Z starts idling rough as if of a cylinder so after a few checks I think my front pasenger side (number 2) injector has failed after 28 years of spraying fuel. I did the screwdriver test and I can hear no pulsating tick from this injector so is that confirmed as my fault and if so where is the best place to get a new injector.. 

Did a vidio with the phone at the end of the screwdriver on number 1 cylinder then cylinder 2 hope its clear for you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You've checked the injector resistance (good is between 10 and 14Ω), the connector and wiring for No 2? The W/R (white/green) wire from ECU pin 110 has

continuity to No 2 signal pin? +12v is present on the other pin? Check that the ECU connector is seated correctly.

Assuming that +12v is getting to the connector, you can see if the ECU itself is sending a signal to No 2 by putting a 12V LED across the unplugged injector connector

and starting the engine.  See if the LED flashes. This will help confirm a no signal situation to the injector (if you don't see the LED flash, try swapping the LED around in

case the LED's +12v and GND needs to be reversed).

2020-11-18_185104.thumb.jpg.61664a6a1c3b40f6306309627a603422.jpg

• Like 1

Project 1547 - Out of the Blue

She's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went - Simply irresistible.

3 hours ago, jimmer said:

Gary i just bought  a set from ebay,A guy in Aus sells old stock oem units for sensible money.I would follow Andrews guide before wading in though.

Thanks Jim and do you have a link to him in case I need them? 

I concur with Andrew - before condemning the injector, have you checked the connectors?

I had a similar issue and it wasn't the injector, the pins on the connector plugs had become corroded. Jimmer cleaned them a couple of times - which cured the problem for a while - but in the end, I went for a replacement set of connectors. 

I have something to say............ It's better to burn out than to fade away..... :tt2:

• 1 year later...
On 12/07/2021 at 20:11, RichardS said:

I concur with Andrew - before condemning the injector, have you checked the connectors?

I had a similar issue and it wasn't the injector, the pins on the connector plugs had become corroded. Jimmer cleaned them a couple of times - which cured the problem for a while - but in the end, I went for a replacement set of connectors. 

Running on 5 yesterday but fiddled with connectors and back on 6 again. But going to get new coil pack connectors and can you get new injector connectors?