Should we have a Speed trap zones section?

Do you want a speed trap section?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a speed trap section?

• Yes add a speed trap section
    • No
    • Don't care

There are zillions of sites (like the one posted by billynomates ) which give this info already. Put a link in the FAQ or link list by all means (but no one will bother to look anyway eg insurance eg smoke eg ad infinitum) but there is no point to having a special section as it will always be more inaccurate than the sites that already do it.

Z#4 from Aug 19. Cocoa Bronze Metallic convertible '92 NA Manual SWB. 948940.png
Z#3 from May 11: '99 S6 Version S NA Auto 2+2 Silver'
Z#2 great daily driver for nearly 4 years '93 S3 NA Auto 2+2 Blue'
Z#1 fast and silver '90 S1 TT Manual. Officially faster than Clarkson.'
First Zed bought 4 Aug 1999. 25 March 2019 hit 250,000 miles of Zedding in 3 Zeds since then.

Ye Gods. I should have learnt by now ? 

from a legal point of view is this not ' perverting the course of justice'?

If the police catch you flashing your lights to avoid oncomming traffic about a speed trap, they can and will do you for it!

If the police catch you flashing your lights to avoid oncomming traffic about a speed trap, they can and will do you for it!

I really don't know if it is, as gatso detectors are now legal because they warn motorists about accident black spots :confused:

....there was an article in the news about 6 months ago about a pensioner who was warning motorists of a Police speed camera van uphead, with the use of Painted signs outside his house....and was arrested for perverting the course of justice (or something like that).

However a lot of In-car GPS Navigation systems these days their own Built in Speed Camera database systems, that warning the driver of known Active speed traps - As far as I know, they are legal.

sig.jpg.c382c3b8bcad45bcfaa14d82ee937d51.jpg
'93 SWB Slicktop TT Manual - 'All Motor' Nissan V8 VH45DE Project
Previous Z32's - '92 Black 2+2 TT Manual (R.I.P) & '92 Silver 2+2 NA Manual (SOLD) & '89 Silver 2+2 NA Auto (SOLD)
VH45DE V8 BUILD THREAD

if its good enough for plod then............................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/shropshire/travel/speed_cameras_mobile.shtml

http://www.speedaware.org.uk/Default.asp?PAGE=SHROPSHIRE

bloody 'ell - allo mate :)

Z#4 from Aug 19. Cocoa Bronze Metallic convertible '92 NA Manual SWB. 948940.png
Z#3 from May 11: '99 S6 Version S NA Auto 2+2 Silver'
Z#2 great daily driver for nearly 4 years '93 S3 NA Auto 2+2 Blue'
Z#1 fast and silver '90 S1 TT Manual. Officially faster than Clarkson.'
First Zed bought 4 Aug 1999. 25 March 2019 hit 250,000 miles of Zedding in 3 Zeds since then.

Ye Gods. I should have learnt by now ? 

Guest deve8uk

you cant speed in this town. its a bloody physical imposibility. you got mums with kids doing their makeup in the morning. Taxis driving like they should be the only car on the road. delivery vans parking where the fook they like. trafic light that dont stay on long enought for the cars to move. and how many holes in the road. and to top it all off there are more cameras per mile that any other pace in the country and they are still putting a mobile camera out to earn some extra dosh.

....there was an article in the news about 6 months ago about a pensioner who was warning motorists of a Police speed camera van uphead, with the use of Painted signs outside his house....and was arrested for perverting the course of justice (or something like that).

However a lot of In-car GPS Navigation systems these days their own Built in Speed Camera database systems, that warning the driver of known Active speed traps - As far as I know, they are legal.

Thats right, in one case a pensioner was given a driving ban for warning traffic of a speed trap ahead. Just goes to prove that they dont actually want you to slow down. £££

Yeah GPS detectors are legal, so are radar/laser detectors at the mo, but they're going to be illegal in the very near future (ones that detect laser), GPS detectors will still be ok.

Legrath, if you look at http://www.safecam.org.uk and click on 'camera locations' you can see whereabouts the mobile vans will be in our area every day for the next month - they're gonna be in Marine Drive, Burnham on Tues, never seen them there before.

• 2 weeks later...
There are zillions of sites (like the one posted by billynomates ) which give this info already. Put a link in the FAQ or link list by all means (but no one will bother to look anyway eg insurance eg smoke eg ad infinitum) but there is no point to having a special section as it will always be more inaccurate than the sites that already do it.

What he said.

Guest astrassuck

I was caught by a camera not long ago, and i don't think it's very fair. The road is 60mph most of the way. As you come into Wolesley Bridge (small village along the road) the speed limit steps down to 40mph. There is a camera

What I think about speed cameras:

1) they should have the speed limit stuck on the back of them, this way none of this fudging around with speedlimits that some authorities do. If you get nicked then you have little come back.

2) re: astrassuck - I think before such speed cameras their should be a step down zone outlined when their are drastic speed changes (40-70, 70-40), This wold probably aid congestion also in some cases.

Guest astrassuck

Sounds like a good idea to me mike, it's true though if traffic is speeding into a slower limit zone then you end up with the whole bottleneck action. Speed limits should be raised in a lot of areas anyway, because a lot of accidents are caused by speeding drivers hitting drivers who are adhering to the speed limit. To be honest 30mph is a silly speed limit for most places, except housing estates, hospitals, care homes, schools etc. Instead the whole town is covered in 30mph speed limits ?!?!?